UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Associate Student Services Coordinator
- Job ID: #16950
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in Enrollment Management - Admissions beginning May 1, 2021. The working title for this assignment is Admissions Counselor with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series. This is a renewable appointment, by your supervisor, contingent on satisfactory performance. The hiring pay range will be between $42,000 to $48,000 per year and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
• A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
• Highly dedicated to service excellence for students, University administrators, faculty, and others
• Ability to:
o meet deadlines
o work under pressure
o maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
• Demonstrated experience in professional judgment and discretion
• Demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusiveness; able to bring diverse perspectives and experiences together
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Outlook, Word, etc.) database software, and analytical programs
• Experience with recruitment and outreach activities; preferably in higher education
• Ability to analyze, make decisions, and solve problems effectively
• Demonstrated experience in leading change and applying process improvements necessary to adapt in a rapidly changing environment
• Represent UW-Eau Claire at high school visits, educational fairs, college/career days/nights, and other outreach events throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and Illinois.
• Present at and assist with hosting on and off campus events for high school students, families and special groups, counselors and college access groups, etc. to share information on the admission process and opportunities available at UW-Eau Claire.
• Oversee and manage scholarship review, training, and follow up.
• Serve as a co-advisor for the Campus Ambassador program and serve as lead for student intern hiring, training, development and supervision.
• Provide admissions and application information and service to prospective graduate students.
• Assist with planning on and off site campus visits, college fairs (WEFs), and community outreach events.
• Conduct application follow up and on-going daily correspondence with prospective students and their families.
• Other duties as assigned by the Admissions Visit Coordinator.
THE UNIT: The unit of Admissions consists of 20 staff members. https://www.uwec.edu/admissions
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation. To see Why UWEC! is a great place to work.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Admissions Counselor position (Job ID #16950) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
• Letter of application
• Curriculum vita/resume
• Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Darcy Sromek; email@example.com or at 715-836-3235
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 1, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.