UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Integrated Marketing and Communications
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Marketing Specialist
- Job ID: #16875
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
A full-time academic staff position is available in Integrated Marketing and Communications beginning on or around February 15, 2021. The working title and official title for this assignment is Marketing Specialist. The expected salary range is $43,000 - $48,000.
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Demonstrated ability to write copy for multi-channel delivery (web, print, email, events).
- Experience working in a CRM.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a collaborative team setting, as well as work independently.
- Ability to think strategically, as well as meet deadlines for multiple projects.
- Demonstrated experience querying a database and compiling and evaluating analytics to make strategic recommendations.
- Demonstrated work on digital strategies including web communication and email marketing.
- Experience in executing marketing campaigns from concept to completion.
- Experience working in a complex organization.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES: This position is responsible for supporting UW-Eau Claire's strategic marketing initiatives for student recruitment, retention, and reputation.
- Write content for multichannel delivery to prospective students, internal audiences, influencers, alumni and friends.
- Use analytics to evaluate work according to key performance indicators and to inform ongoing work.
- Work with colleagues in IMC to secure photo and video assets for multimedia stories and messages.
- Along with other team members, participate in meetings with university faculty and staff, campus colleagues and administration, to determine the academic distinctions and student experiences that distinguish UW-Eau Claire from other universities and to advance the reputation of UW-Eau Claire.
- Help educate colleagues across campus on best practices for communicating the lifetime benefit and value of a UW-Eau Claire degree and marketing and communication strategies in general, but especially strategic delivery on digital platforms.
THE UNIT: The unit of Integrated Marketing and Communications consists of team members specializing in public information, media relations, design, marketing, advertising and multimedia content creation. More information can be found at uwec.ly/imc.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to Marketing Specialist - Integrated Marketing and Communications (IMC) position (Job ID #: 16875) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
- Submit three samples of digital marketing deliverables
Please direct requests for additional information to: Jean Piper at firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by January 15, 2021. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in November 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.