UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Housing + Residence Life, University Staff
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: University Services Program Associate
- Job ID: #16781
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
University Services Program Associate - Housing & Residence Life
A full-time university staff position is available in Housing and Residence Life beginning April 2021. The working and official title for this assignment is University Services Program Associate (USPA). This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary will be $15.73 and is based on qualifications and experience.
- Operational knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook and/or databases
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Ability to:
- remain adaptable and flexible to different situations and changes and work under pressure
- learn new systems, software, and processes quickly
- prioritize workload
- work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals, as well as other campus units
- problem-solve effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Prior experience with campus computer systems including various database experience and BP Logix preferred
- Familiarity with UW-Eau Claire or other UW-System campus administrative procedures preferred
- Coordination and management of
- Summer Housing Assignment program
- Residence Hall Occupancy program
- Educational Sanction Program
- Act as administrative support for the Associate Director of Housing and Residence Life
- Act as first point of contact for visitors, phone calls and emails.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE UNIT: The unit of Housing and Residence Life consists of 11 staff members, plus Residence Hall Directors and Residence Hall Assistants who work to create a safe, equitable, and nurturing environment for all members of the residence life community. The department promotes student learning and success through engagement in diverse educational and social experiences, and supports residents by providing well maintained, safe, and inclusive communities. Each of our residence halls has its own personality to fit the needs of our students during their time on campus. UW-Eau Claire Housing and Residence Life is here to provide a home away from home. More information at uwec.edu/housing.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the University Services Program Associate (USPA – Housing & Residence Life position (Job ID # 16781) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Shana German; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by December 15, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.