UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Administration and Finance, Administrative Support + Knowledge Center
- Official Title: Office Associate
- Job ID: #16714
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
A full-time university staff position is available in the Finance and Administration Division. The working title for this assignment is Office Associate with likewise an official title of Office Associate. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected hourly hiring salary will be based on qualifications and experience, with anticipated salary of $16-$17.00 per hour.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Exceptional oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational, problem solving, prioritizing, and multitasking skills.
Ability to :
- Maintain confidentiality and integrity of Information.
- Maintain a high level of professionalism and quality of service in communicating, and working effectively, with a diverse variety of internal and external contacts.
- Prioritize and meet multiple conflicting deadlines.
- Work independently as well as a member of a team.
- Proven experience as an office associate/administrative assistant.
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
CORE POSITION DUTIES:
- Schedule logistics and secure resources for meetings, conferences, travel, and work unit operations.
- Coordinate and maintain calendar, scheduling appointments as needed for the ASK Center Leadership; primary focus on Vice Chancellor for Finance and Administration and Administrative Manager.
- Serves as a first point of contact for individuals and groups, provides basic organizational information via phone, in-person and through other communication mediums, and routes more complex inquiries to the appropriate entities. Tact and discretion must be exercised in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Screen and evaluate correspondence and reports, bringing important and urgent matters to the attention of the Vice Chancellor and Administrative Manager.
- Carry out administrative duties such as filing, typing, copying, binding, scanning etc.
- Maintain computer and manual filing systems.
- Generate basic spreadsheets, graphs and presentations.
- Provide and distribute minutes from meetings and track open action items.
- Assist the Administrative Manager with any other duties as assigned.
THE UNIT: The Finance and Administration unit currently consists of 2 people (the Vice Chancellor of Finance & Administration, and the Administrative Manager), and is a part of the greater Finance and Administration division, which includes the following units: Administrative and Knowledge Support (ASK) Center (comprised of Accounting, Accounts Payable, Budget and Resource Planning, Firstsource + Travel, Human Resources, Purchasing, Risk Management & Safety), The Children’s Nature Academy, University Centers, University Police, Facilities and the Pablo Center.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment/uweccareers.htm. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Office Associate position (Job ID # 16714) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to: Arjen van Dijk (firstname.lastname@example.org)
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by 4:00 pm on November 4, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. A criminal background check is required prior to employment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-penings/upload/AnnualSecurityandFireReport-2.pdf) . Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy (https://www.uwec.edu/human-resources/employment-opportunities/job-openings/upload/CleryCompliancePolicy.pdf)
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing
diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.