UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: University Service Program Associate
- Job ID: #16554
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
University Service Program Associate
A full-time limited term university staff position is available in Athletics beginning August 25, 2020. The working and official title for this assignment is University Service Program Associate. The expected hourly hiring salary will be $15.73 per hour and based on qualifications and experience. This position functions primarily as administrative support to the Athletics Director, Associate Athletics Director, Assistant Athletic Directors, and coaching staff. The University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire sponsors 25 men’s and women’s varsity sports. This position requires analytical or independent reasoning. Extensive contact with operating units within the campus and occasionally between other campuses. Working relationships are maintained with professional program staff and administration.
- Operational knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook and/or databases
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) necessary
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to:
- remain adaptable and flexible to different situations and changes and work under pressure
- learn new systems, software, and processes quickly
- prioritize workload
- work effectively and collaboratively with diverse groups and individuals, as well as other campus units
- problem-solve effectively
- create accurate program budgets
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Prior experience with campus computer systems including various database experience, financial (WISDM), and BP Logix preferred
- Familiarity with UW-Eau Claire or other UW-System campus administrative procedures preferred
- Knowledge of the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) preferred
- General Management of Office Serving the Athletics Program.
- Provide administrative leadership, support and decision making in the day-to-day operation of the Athletics program within the guidelines of the program policies.
- Independently respond to questions and inquiries from internal and external sources concerning Athletics activities – serve as first point of contact.
- Initiate correspondence requiring interpretation of policies and procedures.
- In consultation with the Associate Athletic Director, prepare contracts for administrators and coaching staff for existing and new hires.
- Following University policies and procedures, prepare paperwork for job searches starting with posting the job opening, charting applicants, scheduling interviews, and all University forms up to completing a contract. Once hired, help new employee with office setup, keys, computer access, phone, business cards, driver authorization, etc.
- Schedule meetings/appointments as needed.
- Coordinate with Housing allocated housing spaces available for recruits of the Athletics program. Prepare a spreadsheet with names, sport and roommate requests. Serve as a liaison between coaches and Housing.
- Develop and maintain filing system for the department including personnel files and financial files.
- Order and maintain inventory of office supplies. Prepare spreadsheet and chart each individual/sport order and stay within budget limitations.
- Independently schedule all vehicles for the 25 varsity sports and make decisions regarding the cost effectiveness of the mode of travel.
- Work directly with the bus company by preparing spreadsheet of all buses needed including dates, times and locations. On a weekly basis throughout the academic year, contact bus company and coach(es) to check for accuracy of transportation reservations for the following week to include any updates/changes.
- Schedule the two athletics vans as needed determining those who will need to go through an off-campus rental.
- Review all bus invoices for accuracy and prepare and maintain a spreadsheet for vehicle costs for each sport.
- Cash Management
- In consultation with the Associate Athletic Director, count checks/cash that come through Athletics, prepare spreadsheet and record each deposit for the fiscal year.
- Prepare and send invoices as needed.
- Invoice corporate sponsors according to their contract.
- Pay invoices using Foundation funds through web invoicing.
- Obtain necessary paperwork from new vendors.
- NCAA Post-Season
- Prepare NCAA bids for post-season opportunities.
- Obtain lodging within NCAA guidelines for teams and officials traveling to UW-Eau Claire for NCAA regionals or nationals.
- Assist fans traveling to UW-Eau Claire with travel/lodging information.
- Submit information on NCAA championship website for reimbursement when UW-Eau Claire teams travel away for nationals.
THE UNIT: The unit of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of 60+ staff members. The Intercollegiate Athletics website is www.blugolds.com. The Recreation and Sport Facilities website is www.uwec.edu/recreation/
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the University Service Program Associate (USPA) – Athletics position (Job ID # 16554) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Robin Baker; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by August 15, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.