UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Physical Plant Manager I
- Job ID: #16504
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Custodial Services Supervisor
POSITION: A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in Facilities – Custodial Services beginning as soon as possible. The working title for this assignment is Custodial Services Supervisor with an official title in the Physical Plant Manager title series. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance. The starting salary range is $43,000 to $45,000 per year and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- 2-year degree from accredited institution
- Valid driver licensed and ability to be approved to drive a State vehicle
- Demonstrated experience:
- supervising employees
- with change management and continuous improvement
- within the cleaning or facilities management industry
- in managing geographically diverse teams
- Basic understanding of building mechanical systems
- Understanding of safety codes and standards
- Strong understanding of standard operating procedures and the ability to develop, write and communicate standard operating procedures and work instructions
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrates commitment to equity and inclusiveness; able to bring diverse perspectives and experiences together.
- Proficient with a wide array of computer and software systems including work order management systems, Microsoft office programs, and SharePoint
- Able to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
- High level of dedication to quality service by interacting directly with students, staff or other external customers
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited institution
- 5 Years supervisory experience
- organizational skills
- commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness, able to bring diverse perspectives and experiences together
- experience in developing and implementing custodial team cleaning plans
- experience in developing budgets and interpreting financial spreadsheets
- Ability to:
- create relationships utilizing exceptional interpersonal skills
- work collaboratively with peers, subordinates, and others on and off campus
- proactively share practices, ideas and team recommendations
- proactively listen and encourage the sharing of ideas, practices and recommendations
- develop policies and practices which improve customer service delivery
- communicate with customers, proactively seeking feedback to continually improve service delivery
- be proactive with the planning, development and implementation of practices that align with industry practices and meet the needs of the campus community
DUTIES: As part of the UWEC campus Custodial Services team, our mission is to provide an exceptional experience for students, staff and visitors through the delivery of cleaning services and upkeep of campus buildings. This position reports directly to and receives feedback from the Custodial Services Program Manager. This position ensures team compliance, and adherence, to UWEC policies, procedures, departmental policies and work practices as well as ensuring the delivery and the promotion of best in class custodial services across the campus. UWEC Custodial Services promotes a team culture that is inclusive of all and promotes respect of the individual. By definition this position is considered a campus security authority (CSA) to whom people may report certain crimes occurring within UWEC on-campus and off-campus property
Core Job Accountabilities
- Plan, develop, organize and execute immediate, intermediate and long-range goals of the custodial services operation unit
- Develop custodial cleaning plans that meet the needs of the customer, and best utilize resources
- Organize staff assignments to meet the operational needs of the buildings and the campus
- Be a safety champion as well as ensuring safety standards, security standards, work rules and policies are observed and maintained
- Explore, investigate and recommend process and workflow improvements.
- Establish and drive quality assurance measures to ensure standards are met
- Ensure appropriate staffing level at all buildings, re-assign staff as needed
- Promote positive attitudes and a supportive work environment
- Be proactive in maintaining positive and effective customer relations
- Insure prompt and effective communication delivery to your team via emails, Share Point or other effective and timely direct communications
- Understand immediate and long-term equipment needs of the team, ensuring that these needs are documented, communicated and budgeted
- Understand supply and consumable needs of the team and insure they are in place
- Lead in the development of custodial operational practices, develop Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) modify as necessary, be a leader establishing training programs and inspections programs
- Be a proactive team player with Peers and subordinates
- By definition of this position, persons in this position are considered a campus security authority (CSA) to whom individuals may report certain crimes occurring within UWEC on-campus and off-campus property
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: http://www.uwec.edu/Employment. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Custodial Services Supervisor position
(Job ID # 16504) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Bernie Waldoch; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by July 3, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in Spring 2020. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.