UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
College of Business
Full Time, Administrative
- Official Title: Student Services Coordinator title series
- Job ID: #16460
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
University of Wisconsin MBA Consortium: Student Services Coordinator
A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in the University of Wisconsin MBA Consortium beginning July 1, 2020. The title for this assignment is Student Services Coordinator. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Also required are excellent written and oral communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree in the area of business; experience working in higher education; demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
DUTIES: This individual develops and implements recruitment plans, organizes events, recruits and trains staff and volunteers, evaluates admissions applications, and represents the institution to prospective graduate program students with a goal of attracting, admitting, and enrolling a talented, diverse student body. Works with admitted students to evaluate their program goals and course planning, access institutional resources and student services, and engage with a network of professionals to support career goals.
Specific job responsibilities include:
- Serve as academic advisor for all online MBA students
- Counsel prospective and admitted MBA students on educational planning and career opportunities
- Review, evaluate, and respond to student applications for admission to the MBA program according to established policies and procedures
- Identify opportunities for and lead the development of admissions and advising resources
- Evaluate program effectiveness and provide recommendations for improvement
- Creates targeted communication plans and materials based on established goals
- Deliver directed admissions program messaging to internal and external audiences
- Identify, promote, and maintain internal and external partnerships focusing on outreach, recruitment, and admission
- Provide students with access to internal and external resources throughout the program to meet their goals
- Serve as primary facilitator for program orientation
- Track student degree progress and regularly communicate with them to ensure timely degree completion and ensure retention
- Maintains confidentiality and accurate student records and processes and respond to academic inquiries according to established institutional and FERPA policies
- Enhance the quality of work life for all staff
THE UNIT: UW-Eau Claire serves as the managing campus for the UW MBA Consortium, which is a collaborative program offered by UW-Eau Claire, UW-La Crosse, and UW Oshkosh. The unit at UW-Eau Claire consists of eight staff members.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the University of Wisconsin MBA Consortium Student Services Coordinator position (Job ID # 16460) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Unofficial graduate school transcript
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Jessica Franson, firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by Monday, May 4, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled. The university reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).