UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Assistant Coach
- Job ID: #16450
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Assistant Women's Basketball Coach/Assistant Sports Information Director - Intercollegiate Athletics
POSITION: A full-time, professional limited/academic professional academic staff position is available in Intercollegiate Athletics beginning August 24, 2020. The working title for this assignment is Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach/Assistant Sports Information with an official title of Assistant Coach. UW-Eau Claire offers 25 NCAA Division III sports and competes in the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC). The starting salary will be $31,000 per year and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A Bachelor’s degree is required. Knowledge of sports is essential, as is a proven ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented setting. Must have strong oral and written communication skills along with strong leadership skills. A commitment to athletic excellence within an academic environment.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: A master’s degree and prior college experience may be considered an asset.
Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach (50%)
- Assist the head coach in directing a highly successful program within the guidelines of the University, the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (WIAC), and NCAA Division III.
- Assist in the recruitment and retention of qualified student athletes consistent with the academic standards of the University.
- Assist with the care and inventory of equipment for the program.
- Assist with the promotion of the sport with students, alumni, and members of the community.
- Assist with promoting program revenue generation related to the program.
- Participate in department fundraising and public relations events.
- Assume other duties as agreed upon by the Head Coach and Athletics Director.
Sports Information Assistant (30%)
- Coordination of all publicity and communications for a complex and diversified 25-sport module,
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing a strategically utilized website,
- Coordination of all aspects of media coverage for home events, utilizing modern technology to accommodate media productions,
- Producing video content for website, coordination of live video streaming,
- Producing editorial content for media guides, game programs, news releases, websites, ticket flyers, fund-raising flyers, camp brochures, print advertising, radio promos and other campus publications that promote intercollegiate athletics and related activities,
- Coordination of media credential requests,
- Arranging interviews with coaches, student-athletes or other staff members,
- Helping with the promotion of home events and fund-raisers.
- Developing and implementing creative media/public relations strategies,
- Training and supervising student workers and game-day staff,
- Nominating and publicizing student-athletes for various awards, honors and special recognitions.
- Knowledge and ability to handle Stat Crew and Gymnastics Scorekeeper for ingame stats and maintaining statistical information for teams.
- Extensive night and weekend hours of coverage as needed.
- Assume other duties as agreed upon by the Sports Information Director and Athletics Director.
Women’s Golf Supervisor (20%)
Travel with women’s golf team as supervisor.
THE UNIT: The unit of Intercollegiate Athletics consists of 60+ staff members. The Intercollegiate Athletics website is www.blugolds.com
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Assistant Women's Basketball Coach/Assistant Sports Information Director position (Job ID # 16450) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Unofficial transcript of highest degree earned
- Names and contact information for three references.
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Nancy Hendricks; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by May 1, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).