UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Integrated Marketing and Communications
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: University Relations Specialist
- Job ID: #16435
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
University Relations Specialist
A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in Integrated Marketing and Communications beginning on or before June 1, 2020. The official title for this assignment is University Relations Specialist. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and funding. The salary range will be $50,000 - $55,000 and will be commensurate with experience and qualifications.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution is required. Also required are excellent written and oral communication skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Demonstrated experience in executing editorial content for various audiences.
- Coordinates, authors and edits a wide range of communications for use by internal and external audiences.
- Consults with internal and external stakeholders on editorial matters to ensure accuracy and timing of messages.
- Creates and implements communication campaigns that align with university initiatives and messaging strategies.
- Provides information and consultative advice about editorial policies, procedures and style guidelines to contributing stakeholders.
- Assists with campus crisis communications and media relations.
- Work with team members including photographers, graphic designers, marketing specialists and web developers to prepare content for distribution through various platforms.
- Maintain database of statistics, rankings and other facts for use in university communications.
- Track and evaluate the results of communications to increase engagement and monitor progress toward unit goals.
THE UNIT: The unit of Integrated Marketing and Communications is responsible for strategic marketing and outreach communication at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire. We are a results-oriented team of writers, editors, marketing specialists, graphic designers and multimedia producers, including students from various academic programs across campus.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/.You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the University Relations Specialist position (Job ID # 16435) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Jean Piper at email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by April 15, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).