Power Plant Operator (ongoing recruitment pool)
UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Power Plant Operator
- Job ID: #16426
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Power Plant Operator (ongoing recruitment pool)
A full-time university staff position is available in Facilities – Heating Plant beginning as soon as possible. The working title for this assignment is Boiler Operator with an official title of Power Plant Operator. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a twelve-month probationary period. The expected hiring hourly is $17.87 - $19.00 per hour and will be based on qualifications and experience.
- High School Diploma
- Valid Wisconsin driver’s license
- General computer and keyboard skills
- Physical ability to walk, stand, sit, lift, and climb ladders
- Strong mechanical background
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- High level of dedication to quality service by interacting directly with students, staff or other external customers
- Able to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive information
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness
- Willingness to learn position fundamentals via hands-on, classroom, and computer training methods
- Experience performing industrial maintenance
- Boiler License from an accredited organization
- Understanding of heating plant systems including boiler and steam system operations and maintenance
- HVAC experience
- High pressure steam boiler experience
- Maintenance and repair of boilers, baghouse, and auxiliary equipment including inspection, general maintenance, troubleshooting, and preventive maintenance
- Operate boilers, baghouse, and auxiliary equipment within required and specified limits utilizing appropriate SOPs
- Maintain the water treatment system through testing, regeneration, and preventive maintenance utilizing appropriate SOPs
- Study and test for or maintain the American Society of Power Engineers (ASOPE) Third Class Operators License and Class C Underground Storage Tank certification within a 12-month probationary period.
- Other duties as assigned.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Power Plant Operator position (Job ID #16426) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to: Greg Falkenberg; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications and submit to be considered in the pool review. Screening will continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).
The University of Wisconsin System is engaged in a Title and Total Compensation (TTC) project to redesign job titles and compensation structures. As a result of the TTC project, official job titles on current job postings may change in November 2021. Job duties and responsibilities will remain the same. For more information please visit: wisconsin.edu/ohrwd/title-and-total-compensation-study/.