UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Custodian
- Job ID: #16367
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Custodian (Continuous Recruitment)
We are looking for interested individuals to Join our team of dedicated Custodial Services professionals. Total compensation package value for this position is estimated at $57,902 (based on salary, family health plan with uniform dental) with a starting salary of $31,200. On the job training provided!
Our mission is to provide an exceptional experience for students, staff and visitors through delivery of cleaning services and upkeep of the campus buildings. Work is performed in accordance with best practices and Custodial Services Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) or Work Instructions (WI). This position reports directly to and receives feedback from the Manager and Custodial Supervisors. A variety of custodial positions are available withing the Facilities department. The working title for this assignment is Custodian. These are full-time expected to continue positions requiring a six-month probationary period.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to read, understand, and perform SOPs and WI including, but not limited to understanding cleaning products, their intended application and use
- Adherence to UW System, campus and departmental work rules
- Basic computer skills to complete on-line forms, access communications and information, and review and respond to emails (Outlook)
- Ability to:
- read and understand cleaning procedures, cleaning practices, written work instructions (WI) and written Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- stand and walk throughout an 8-hour shift
- work independently and within a team setting
- lift, push or pull 40 to 75 pounds
- perform overhead work
- climb ladders
- effectively communicate using a hand-held radio
- receive and provided feedback in a positive constructive, collaborative manor
PREFERRED JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Previous industry cleaning knowledge and experience in a team cleaning environment using custodial equipment
- Advanced knowledge of floor care practices, both carpet and hard floors
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
CORE JOB ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Effectively perform and meet cleaning and maintenance expectations in assigned areas as defined by the SOPs, WI, Blugold standards, customer feedback, team member feedback, supervisor/team leader feedback, and operational instructions.
- Maintenance of all equipment in a clean and working order and custodial spaces in an organized condition, with appropriate product stock
- Work collaboratively and responsively with campus customers, team members and supervisors
- Act as a safety champion by insuring all activities performed on campus are done in accordance with Campus policies, safety practices including the use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and SOPs.
- Other duties as may be assigned
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Custodian – Facilities (continuous recruitment (Job ID #16367) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Bernard Waldoch; firstname.lastname@example.org
Available Shifts: There are several shift options available, primary shift are Monday through Friday 3:30pm to Mid, however there are other shifts that include: Sunday through Thursday, Tuesday through Saturday and a modified shift of Friday through Monday. Most of these shifts are afternoon shifts with occasional day shifts available
Consideration will also be given for individuals seeking part time employment, provided it meets the operational needs of the custodial
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority(CSA) policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing equity, diversity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).