UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Facilities, University Staff
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Custodial Team Lead
- Job ID: #16364
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Custodial Team Lead
POSITION: A full-time university staff position is available in Facilities – Custodial Services beginning April 1, 2020. The working and official title for this assignment is Custodial Team Lead. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period. The expected shift for this position will be 3:30 pm to Midnight, Monday - Friday. The expected hourly hiring salary is $16.50 per hour and is based on qualifications and experience. As part of the UWEC campus Custodial Services team, our mission is to provide an exceptional experience for students, staff and visitors through the delivery of cleaning services and upkeep of campus buildings. This position reports directly to and receives feedback from a Custodial Services Supervisor. This position ensures team compliance, and adherence, to UWEC policies, procedures, departmental policies and work practices as well as ensuring the delivery and the promotion of best in class custodial services across the campus. This position will work directly with campus custodians to ensure proper cleaning practices are followed, safety practices are adhered to, quality expectations are achieved, and Blu-gold standards are adhered to. UWEC Custodial Services promotes a team culture that is inclusive of all and promotes respect of the individual. By definition this position is considered a campus security authority (CSA) to whom people may report certain crimes occurring within UWEC on-campus and off-campus property
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
Previous Custodial experience
Strong understanding of customer service
Ability to communicate at all levels verbally and in writing
Demonstrated experience with problem solving, process improvement and collaborative teamwork
Previous supervision experience including delegation, communication/engagement, team building, and training
A thorough knowledge of custodial services and practices.
Demonstrated commitment to improving custodial service delivery
Demonstrated knowledge in custodial equipment,
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
- Ensure assigned teams meet quality expectations, performance, and production standard expectations, as defined by the supervisor, through positive and constructive feedback
- Train custodians in:
- all aspects of cleaning functions and process’s
- team compliance with standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- compliance with campus safety expectations by acting as a safety champion and reinforcing safe work practices by delivering safety toolbox talks
- Ensure team has adequate equipment and supplies to complete their work as defined by SOPs and processes
- Assists supervisors in evaluating individual custodian performance by documenting quality and performance accomplishments and/or issues
- Collaboratively work with supervisors and other team leaders in developing or refining practices and operating procedures and be accountable for developing solutions to identified problems/issues
- Implement and support new processes, procedures, or decision through communication and fostering a positive culture
- Providing quality customer service when interacting with building occupants, students, staff, faculty, and community members
- Daily planning and assigning of roles including filling in for vacant roles and cleaning areas as needed
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Custodial Team Lead position (Job ID # 16364) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached, and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Bernie Waldoch; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 20, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).