UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Small Business Development Center, Continuing Education
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Outreach Program Manager I
- Job ID: #16314
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Outreach Assistant Director SBDC
A full-time, professional academic staff position is available in the Small Business Development Center (SBDC) beginning May 1, 2020. The working title for this assignment is Outreach Assistant Director SBDC with an official title in the _Outreach Program Manager title series. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance. The salary starting salary range will be $50,000 - $57,000 and is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Reporting to the Director of the Small Business Development Center (SBDC), this position assists in the development, promotion, and delivery of quality one-on-one client consulting and outreach programs to help people in the community start and grow their businesses. The SBDC serves businesses in Eau Claire, Chippewa, Dunn, Barron, Rusk, Taylor, Pepin and Clark Counties.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing.
- Significant experience working in a small business environment.
- Demonstrated understanding of social media marketing.
- Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Valid Driver’s License to travel to clients in SBDC service area.
Ability to deliver one-on-one and public presentations
Excellent customer service skills
Organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize work, delegate, and manage multiple projects simultaneously under deadline pressure
Ability to work well independently and/or as part of a team
Ability to remain adaptable and flexible to different situations and priority changes
- Master’s degree
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Publisher, Adobe, and Outlook
- Prior experience with customer relationship management (CRM) software or database
- Demonstrated understanding of small business financial statements
- Develops and coordinates the selection, content, marketing and promotion of SBDC outreach programs.
- Assists with developing and monitoring the budgets and expenditures of SBDC outreach programs.
- Develops and maintains SBDC social media accounts and general public communications including promoting the SBDC through success stories and periodic newsletters.
- Serves as a liaison to internal and external stakeholder groups including bankers, economic development organizations and other community members communicating SBDC information and facilitating program partnership success.
- Attends and represents the interests of the SBDC and UWEC at community and stakeholder events and meetings to further program goals.
- Manages the SBDC’s student internship initiative including the recruitment, onboarding and integration of student interns in support of the SBDC programs and outreach.
- Responds to client requests for consulting and assistance including initial screening of client requests, assessing client needs and identifying appropriate SBDC response.
- Supports the SBDC’s one-on-one client consulting work by providing direct consulting services to clients when appropriate and through the preparation of materials, excel spreadsheets, review of client business plans and other consultant support tasks.
- Assures the upkeep and maintenance of SBDC client database and provides support in meeting and timely reporting of SBDC metrics to stakeholders.
THE UNIT: The unit of Small Business Development Center (SBDC) is focused on helping new entrepreneurs get their business started. The SBDC serves clients in Barron, Chippwa, Clark, Dunn, Eau Claire, Rusk, Taylor, and Pepin counties offering advice, training, and guidance on starting a new business.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/ .You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the Outreach Assistant Director SBDC position (Job ID # 16314 ) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum vita
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to: Luke Kempen; email@example.com
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by March 6, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).