UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus
Campus Life, First Year Experience, Housing + Residence Life, I'm a Blugold, Student Support Services
Part Time, Staff
- Official Title: Student Services Coordinator
- Job ID: #16170
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
International Program Coordinator (50%) - Barron County
A 50% professional academic staff position is available in Student Affairs at the Barron County campus in Rice Lake, Wi, beginning on or after February 1, 2020. The working title for this assignment is International Program Coordinator with an official title in the Student Services Coordinator title series. This is a renewable assignment, contingent on performance and. The salary range for this position is $38,000 to $42,000 (prorated to 50%) and is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Rich Text Editor for Description, Press ALT 0 for help
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to comply with deadlines and state and federal policies
- Demonstrated excellent analytical, organizational, and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Experience and ease working in a fast-paced office environment
- Flexibility to work in conditions that can be unpredictable
- Computer competency in MS Office software including Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel or other related as needed on the job
- Master’s Degree
- Experience as DSO or PDSO
- Academic Advising Experience
- Experience working with diverse populations of international students or related experiences such as living, working, studying abroad with submersion in dynamic cultures and languages
- Familiarity with F-1 and J-1 students and related regulations
- Knowledge of SEVIS system
DUTIES: This position is responsible for assisting a growing population of international students at UW-Eau Claire – Barron County and coordinating programming to assure their success on campus. The position also serves as the liaison for high school programming and will work directly with international high school students who are enrolling in college courses. A successful candidate must be a self-starter with the motivation, creativity, organizational and problem-solving skills to grow this cost-recovery program. Working closely with campus one-stop, UW-Eau Claire Admissions, and faculty as well as the Office of International Education personnel. This position coordinates arrival, intake, orientation, general advising and ongoing support services and programming for international students and is dedicated to increasing international student enrollment, assuring general success and retention rates and providing support from admission until successful transfer. Some evening and weekend hours may be required. The position is expected to work year-round. The coordinator reports to the UW-Eau Claire – Barron County Campus Director.
- Primary responsibility for all aspects of programs that serve international students at UW-Eau Claire – Barron County.
- Coordinate campus admissions, orientation, and travel of new international students.
- Serve as the housing coordinator for International students
- Develop programming that assists international students with integration to the local community and campus.
- Serve as the campus Designated School Official (DSO) or the Department of Homeland Security. Conduct document verification for all international students’ and resident aliens’ immigration documents as required by Homeland Security (DHS) and US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (USICE) and coordinate with the International Office at UW-Eau Claire.
- Monitor compliance with U.S. laws and non-working status to assure students remain in compliance with visa requirements as well as student class attendance and grade expectations, per provisions of their hosting programs.
- Assist students planning domestic or international trips to ensure they understand US travel restrictions and comply with the requirements of their visa.
- Foster and maintain close communications with faculty members to provide them with resources regarding student legal and program requirements, cultural considerations and the operations of the International Student Program.
- Coordinate and implement cultural enrichment activities.
- Facilitate the students’ integration into campus and community life, referring students to other support services available on- and off-campus as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Serve as a professional academic advisor
- Provide academic support to assist each student with meeting their program goals.
- Coordinates and evaluates pre- and post-placement testing for all International Students.
- Monitor class attendance, grades, compliance with US laws and non-working status to assure students remain in compliance with visa requirements.
UNIVERSITY and EAU CLAIRE COMMUNITY: UW-Eau Claire, an institution of approximately 11,500 students and 1,400 faculty and staff, is consistently recognized as a top comprehensive university in the Midwest and is widely known as a leader in faculty-undergraduate research and study abroad. We strive for excellence in liberal education and select graduate and professional programs through commitment to teaching and learning and dedication to our core values of diversity, sustainability, leadership, and innovation.
The City of Eau Claire, situated at the confluence of the Chippewa and Eau Claire rivers, is at the center of a metropolitan area of approximately 100,000 people located 90 miles east of Minneapolis/St. Paul. The area features beautiful parks and trails, strong public schools, a vibrant arts scene and local food culture, and abundant recreational opportunities.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications are submitted electronically. Please follow instructions found on the following UW-Eau Claire Web site: https://www.uwec.edu/job-postings/. You must create an account and login before you can apply. If you have not yet registered, click on the "Click here to Register" link to begin the registration process. If you are already a registered user, input your "User Name" and "Password" and select "Login." Click the link to the International Program Coordinator position (Job ID # 16170) and then click the "Apply Now" button to submit your application electronically. Your application will not be considered complete until all required documents are attached and all required fields are completed. Please be sure you have included the following in PDF format:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references
Please direct requests for additional information to:
Gary Wheeler; firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by January 10, 2020. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).