UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Staff
- Official Title: Financial Specialist Senior
- Job ID: #16091
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Office Manager (Financial Specialist)
A full-time university staff position is available in the University Centers Department beginning Mid December 2019. The working title for this assignment is Office Manager with an official title of Financial Specialist. This is an expected-to-continue assignment which requires a six-month probationary period.
The University Centers Office Manager is responsible for functions that support the flow of business. Administrative office functions include primary receptionist at the front desk and financial management of monthly reports for billing cycles, invoicing and departmental chargebacks. This position also plays a key role in assisting and supporting University Centers contracts for both vending services and the IRR (Instructional Resource Rental – Textbook Rental) program. The person in this position must exercise significant initiative in independent decision making, attention to detail and functions under minimal supervision. This position reports to the Assistant Director of Business & Finance in University Centers.
- Primary customer service contact for University Centers Administration offices. This requires a comprehensive working knowledge of UW-Eau Claire University Centers areas, functions, policies and procedures.
- Monitors office functions and procedures, resolves problems and implements changes as needed and collaborates as appropriate with campus stakeholders to ensure a comprehensive and smooth flow of daily business operations.
- Initiates monthly billings, invoicing and chargebacks using appropriate internal controls, checks and balances through departmental (WISDM, CampS, etc.) and Event Management Services software.
- Administrative support for vending services contract including tracking monthly product sales, refunds and commissions. This also involves coordinating periodic vending inspections and financial audits with vendor.
- Coordinates and oversees functions of the IRR rental program in collaboration with the University Bookstore.
- Financial duties include processing monthly textbook rental invoices, verification of used book/discard sales from textbook companies, initiating monthly payment to vendor for managing the rental program.
- Inventory duties include working closely with University Bookstore to accurately track newly adopted IRR books, review existing/previously adopted IRR books, update pricing and course changes, tracking discarded textbooks, coordinate inventory reports and verify overall inventory.
- Understands and follows proper methods for purchasing and payment procedures in accordance with UWEC procurement, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Business office and UW-System guidelines.
- Exercise initiative, judgment, responsibility and knowledge when managing office functions.
- Serve as campus resource for inquiries and/or requests received from all clients including administration, students, faculty, staff and general public.
Exceptional knowledge and experience in Excel and Outlook with the ability to learn internal University programs (WISDM, CampS, Textbook rental inventory, etc.) and Event Management System (EMS) software. Ability to interact professionally with a variety of people, including students, faculty, staff and families. Ability to supervise and direct all workflow and office support. Ability to evaluate a situation quickly and determine the best course of action. Ability to develop and maintain a good working relationship with key positions in the University Business and Purchasing offices. Knowledge of general professional office policies and procedures. Superior organizational skills. Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to multi-task in a busy office atmosphere.
Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
Submit application materials:
Please be sure to complete all required fields and include all required PDF documents before submitting your application. Once submitted, you will not be able to edit or attach any PDF application materials. Files must be complete to be considered. Please include the following documents in PDF format only:
- Letter of application
- Names and contact information for three references.
You must select "SUBMIT"; selecting "Save" will not forward your application materials to the search committee.
If you have any questions, need accommodations, or submitted your application with missing materials, please call or e-mail:Jenni Sterling
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).