UW-Eau Claire – Eau Claire Campus
Full Time, Faculty/Instructional
- Official Title: Business Communication: Assistant Professor
- Job ID: #15652
- Date Posted:
- Apply by: | To ensure consideration, completed applications must be received by deadline. However, screening may continue until position is filled.
Business Communication: Assistant Professor
A probationary tenure-track faculty position at the rank of assistant professor is available in the Business Communication Program in the College of Business. The department seeks a dynamic candidate with expertise in business communication who is committed to teaching excellence and to maintaining an active program involving undergraduates. This appointment carries an initial two-year probationary appointment beginning with the 2020/2021 academic year, August 24, 2020.
Teach courses in the Business Communication Program based on program needs and in accordance with specialization; participate in research and scholarly activities; develop and/or maintain a scholarly research agenda; provide academic advising to students as assigned; engage in service to the department, University, College, and profession.
- Earned doctorate in the area of business communication, technical communication, professional communication, general communication, business education, business administration, or related discipline from a regionally accredited institution by August 24, 2020. (ABD applicants may be considered but must complete the terminal degree by March 20, 2021.)
- Candidates must also have demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and scholarship.
- Evidence of successful university teaching, for example: knowledge and skills in educational technology, formal and informal assessment practices, classroom management; demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness.
DEPARTMENT: The Business Communication Program consists of 5 full-time faculty and instructional academic staff. The Department of Business Communication is one of the four academic units in the College of Business. Business communication is a program within the College that offers courses that all students in the College of Business take as part of their degree. The Business Communication Program also offers an Advanced Business Communication Certificate that is open to any student at UW-Eau Claire. The Business Communication Program also administers the College’s Student Professional Development Program and Business Writing and Presentations Studio. The College of Business consists of 2300 students and 40 faculty and instructional staff. Department members work closely with COB faculty to ensure that the communication classes meet the needs of the various majors in the college.
The UW-Eau Claire Police Department is dedicated to maintaining a safe and secure environment for learning and working. Although crime at the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire is limited, the University Police want students, faculty and staff to be aware of crime on campus and the area surrounding the campus. The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act is a federal law that requires colleges and universities to disclose annual information about campus crime. Visit Campus Security and Fire Report. Also visit our Campus Security Authority policy.
UW-Eau Claire is an AA/EEO/Veterans/Disability employer dedicated to enhancing diversity, equity, and inclusion.
The University reserves the right to contact additional references with notice given to the candidates at an appropriate time in the process. Employment will require a background check. Employment will also require you and your references to answer questions regarding past conduct related to sexual violence and sexual harassment.
The University of Wisconsin System will not reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing, except that the identity of the successful candidate will be released. See Wis. Stat. §. 19.36(7).