Learn about the mission, vision, and purpose of UW-Eau Claire's institutional research.
The Office of Institutional Research provides information, analysis and services that foster and support effective and informed decision-making, policy formulation and planning.
The Office of Institutional Research will exceed expectations for excellence in serving the evolving information needs of the University community, and will be noted for its integrity, responsiveness and commitment to continuous improvement.
- Annually publish reports
- New, one-time and continuing high-priority data and analysis requests (blugold commitment, educational attainment, etc.)
- Respond to ad hoc requests for data, reports and analysis
Compliance and Accountability:
- Comply with federal reporting requirements (IPEDS)
- Comply with state statutes (ss. 16.42: each agency sets goals and objectives and report on performance)
- Accountability efforts for Board of Regents and UW System Administration
- Accountability efforts for UW-Eau Claire campus community
- Accountability efforts for the Higher Learning Commission (and other accrediting agencies) for accreditation approval
Complete external surveys that impact entire campus:
- Allows UW-Eau Claire to be ranked (e.g. U.S. News Best Colleges)
- Allows UW-Eau Claire to be eligible for grants (National Science Foundation)
- Allows UW-Eau Claire to be eligible for NCAA sports (NCAA graduation rate)
- Allows UW-Eau Claire's presence in major search engines and publications (Peterson's, Princeton Review, Kiplinger)