You're a multi-faceted human being. It makes sense that successful employee wellness programs address those many facets, and UW-Eau Claire's wellness program does just that. The seven dimensions of employee wellness that Human Resources addresses are:
All of these dimensions interact with each other. You may go through a time where one dimension is being challenged or neglected, and that affects the quality of life in the other areas. Human resources strives to provide activities and resources that boost you up in all seven dimensions. Select the Campus Wellness Resources button on the right for specific programs available to you!
$150 Wellness Incentive
Well Wisconsin allows you and your spouse (if enrolled in the State Group Health Insurance Program) to each earn an annual $150 incentive. To earn this incentive, you and your spouse must each complete a health assessment, health check activity, and one well-being activity (by mid-October*).
- Health Assessment: Captures current health behaviors through a brief questionnaire (15-20 minutes) focusing on stress, sleep, nutrition and physical activity.
- Health Check Activity:
- Biometric screening – Provides a picture of overall health (includes measurements for blood pressure, body mass index, cholesterol, triglycerides & glucose) or
- Dental exam – Provides a picture of overall dental health (by getting a preventive dental exam) or
- One coaching session – Provides an opportunity to work with a WebMD/StayWell Health Coach to work toward your goals!
- Well-Being Activity: Helps with overall health and well-being (examples: Well Wisconsin Radio, Sleep Well Challenge, Health Coaching).
*Check the WebMD/StayWell website for the deadline each year and/or for additional information regarding the Well Wisconsin Incentive.
Note: Wellness incentives paid to participants through WebMD/StayWell are considered taxable income.
Click Well Wisconsin Program for additional information on this program.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Effective January 1, 2021, the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) vendor will change from FEI to Kepro. The EAP is a free, confidential program available to you and the family members living in your household. You can contact Kepro for assistance with:
• Emotional Situations: relationships, parenting, grieving
• Work/Life Challenges: child care, elder care, adoption
• Legal and Financial Circumstances: managing expenses or debt, preparation of simple wills, child custody or child support
You may contact Kepro by calling 833-539-7285 or online at sowi.mylifeexpert.com (code SOWI). You will need to create an account to access the EAP resources online.
Mental Health Resources
SilverCloud is an online, anonymous, self-guided, interactive resource that provides UW System students, faculty, and staff with no-cost, confidential help with mental health well-being and stress management. It is a time-flexible option available 24 hours a day that may be effective for employees who experience mild to moderate symptoms.
Worker's Compensation and FMLA
Please visit the Payroll and Benefits page for information about worker's compensation and Family and Medical Leave Act benefits.