Travel Expense Reports (TERs) are filled out within the Shared Financial System (SFS) and are used for reimbursement of expenses occurred while traveling that were put on a personal card or a US Bank Corporate Card.
- Selecting Corporate Card allows the charges to directly pay down the travelers corporate card balance.
- Selecting Personal Funds allows the funds to be paid directly to the travelers personal account.
- Employees: payroll direct deposit account
- Non-Employees: physical check that will be mailed
An alternate must create and submit any expense reports for a non-employee traveler.
- A Travel Expense Non-Employee Vendor Setup eform must be completed to generate an Empl ID for any non-employees, i.e. visitors or non-employee students.
Expense Reimbursement Updates
UW-Eau Claire is succeeding in reducing the number of expense reimbursement reports sent back for revision thanks to continued collaboration between travelers and the Firstsource Support Team. Our campus currently has a 11% send back rate so far in FY21 compared to an average of 19% across all UW campuses.
The top return reasons for expense reimbursement reports are:
- Agenda is missing
- Mileage is incorrect
- Itemized receipts are missing
- Meal Per Diem not selected correctly
- Expense Type selection incorrect
- Business purpose or additional description/detail needed
90 Days to Submit
Employees have 90 days from the date of an expense, or the last day of travel, to submit a report for reimbursement. A new update from UW System Shared Services now also requires any reimbursement reports, which are returned for revision, to be resubmitted within 90 days of the send-back date. Any reimbursement requests for expenses beyond the 90-day limit require a Expense Policy Exception Request. The reimbursement is considered to be taxable income after 90 days.
How to Documents for TERs
Please send all relocation-related questions to Shawn Seuferer, firstname.lastname@example.org.