The university has made it a central priority of the campus to increase recruitment and retention of students and faculty of color and from all other marginalized groups. By forming the new division of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion under the leadership of our new assistant vice chancellor, UW-Eau Claire is positioned to address and improve the campus climate in ways that ensure higher levels of success for all.
- Provide an exceptional educational experience for students and a campus community where all members at UW-Eau Claire thrive and succeed.
- Develop an infrastructure that facilitates community engagement and partnerships across the institution.
- Identify specific areas that will allow us to maximize the impact the EDI efforts have on campus.
- Ensure that a spectrum of voices are incorporated into the planning and implementation processes in all areas of development.
- Centralize goals, activities, and initiatives across the institution.
- Provide a vision and strategic direction that will help UW-Eau Claire move forward regarding equity, diversity and inclusion.