There are several very important and time-sensitive steps to applying for the National Student Exchange program, so be sure to read carefully.
Interested students must attend an NSE Information Meeting.
Check this page for the upcoming calendar of meetings for 2019-2020 academic year participants.
Contact the Dean of Students Office for more information: 715-836-2003 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed NSE Applications Include:
- A non-refundable application fee.
- A "Statement of Purpose" explaining why you wish to participate in the exchange.
- Three written recommendations.
- An interview with the NSE coordinator and another UW-Eau Claire Faculty or staff member.
- Completed application materials are submitted annually to the NSE Coordinator in early February for participation during the upcoming academic year.
- Student placements are negotiated by the NSE Coordinator at an annual conference in March. These negotiations are governed by the fee plan for exchange, the popularity of certain exchange opportunities, and limitations on the number of students some institutions may send and receive.
Among the selection criteria will be evidence of flexibility and the ability to adapt to short-term relocation, indicators of clear-cut academic and personal goals, and the ability to act as a good representative of UW-Eau Claire and Wisconsin.