The First Offenders Alcohol Education Class is offered to current UWEC students who have received an underage drinking citation or would like to learn more about alcohol use in a group setting.
FALL 2020 Class:
Saturday, October 10—ONLINE VIA ZOOM
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
There will be a 1/2 hour lunch (on your own).
There is a limit of 40 seats per class—check availability.
Call: 715-836-5521, we will assist you. A receipt and information will be emailed to you. Follow directions below for payment.
In Person: Pick up a Registration Envelope at Counseling Services 2122 VLL during business hours.
- Please socially distance while completing your paperwork.
- Read and complete the enclosed ORANGE form, return the envelope and completed ORANGE form with $60 fee.
- Retain the WHITE copy for your records.
Payment: Cash and checks accepted during business hours, checks can be dropped through the door after-hours, or mailed to:
University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire
105 Garfield Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Online Signup: Available Soon!
- Payment must be received by Friday, October 9 in order for registration to be complete. You may request a receipt by email for verification.
- $60 CASH or CHECK payments only. We do NOT have access to a credit card machine. (The class fee is not refundable.)
- Checks can be made payable to UWEC Counseling Services.
Individuals who would like to attend the class for personal reasons (other than being issued an underage ticket) will be required to complete an initial intake session with a counselor with UWEC Counseling Services.
The class is designed to address three main goals:
- Education about alcohol/substance use
- Build skills for moderate and safe use
- Reflection about personal use
The class will provide students with information on how they can make educated/informed decisions about consumption in the future.
Preregistration is a requirement; same-day registration is not an option.
- It is the student's responsibility to confirm with the court whether this class meets the requirements for the court.
- The student is also responsible for submitting the class completion form to the court system.
- UWEC Counseling Services is not responsible for providing confirmation of attendance to court systems.
- To meet Eau Claire County requirements, this is an 8-hour course, and students must attend all eight (8) hours to receive credit for the class.
First Offender Classes are facilitated by professional staff members. The instructors use the First Offender Forum Curriculum, developed and approved by Eau Claire County.
If you have any questions, please call Counseling Services 715-836-5521 or email us at email@example.com.