As the nation ramps up its Covid-19 vaccine distribution, UW-Eau Claire continues to be an integral part of the process. We’ve been working closely with partners to get campus vaccinated and now we have opened our facilities to the community. Zorn Arena offers easy access for residents in the city and for visitors to Eau Claire. UW-Eau Claire, the UW-Eau Claire College of Nursing and Health Sciences faculty, staff and students, Student Health Service are working together with the Eau Claire City-County Health Department to support the mass vaccination clinic.
Mass Vaccination Site at UW-Eau Claire
A mass vaccination clinic for COVID-19 opened on April 8 in Zorn Arena on the UW-Eau Claire campus to serve thousands of people in the Chippewa Valley. The vaccine clinic will provide at least 3,500 and up to 7,000 vaccine doses each week with a maximum daily capacity of 1,400 people. This is made possible by a joint effort among the Eau Claire City-County Health Department, UW-Eau Claire, Wisconsin Department of Health Services, the State of Wisconsin and FEMA Region 5.
As of May 13, all people age 12 and older are eligible for the Pfizer vaccine. Anyone 18 and older is eligible for the Johnson & Johnson vaccine. Anyone visiting the vaccine clinic is invited to park in the Phillips parking lot. You can find directions to Zorn Arena below.
- How to make an appointment: Sign up for an appointment at vaccinate.wi.gov
- Residents without internet access or who need help signing can contact the call center at 844-684-1064 for help
- Walk-in patients are now being accepted at the clinic, though registering in advance is the only way to guarantee you will receive a vaccine shot during your visit
- Location: UWEC Zorn Arena, 121 Garfield Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701
- Wednesday, 3 p.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday, 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- Clinic is closed Saturday, June 26
- Appointments preferred but walk-ins accepted up to 30 minutes before closing each day.
- Who is eligible: Everyone age 12+ who lives, works, or studies in Wisconsin
- Vaccine offered: Pfizer (12+), a limited supply of Johnson & Johnson (18+)
For more information on Covid-19 vaccination appointments in Eau Claire County, visit the Eau Claire County Covid-19 Information Hub.