All UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff and students are required to monitor their health every day through the Blugold Protocol application. The mobile app, which was developed specifically for UW-Eau Claire, is HIPAA-compliant and all information gathered through the app is secure. The app allows users to complete a daily log of their temperature and any symptoms of COVID-19.
All Blugolds are required to download the app and log their symptoms and temperature daily. Daily entry of your health status is required throughout the 2020-2021 academic year, including weekends and holidays.
Note: Students who are not living in university housing and are enrolled in all remote-instruction classes with no plan to come to campus during the 2021 spring semester are not required to use the Blugold Protocol app or take part in the antigen testing. If students are involved in clinical placements, such as student teaching or nursing clinicals, or plan to come on campus for research or to access campus facilities, they must follow the Blugold Protocol app and take part in the required testing.
How to download and use Blugold Protocol
- Blugold Protocol is available on both Google Play and the App Store.
- After downloading the app, please sign in with your university email/username and password.
- If you don't have a mobile device, you can use the desktop version by visiting this site.
- Every day, please log your temperature in the app and detail any symptoms you may be experiencing.
- The app will guide you of next steps you must take if your temperature or symptoms warrant further action.
If users have difficulty accessing the app with their university credentials, they should contact the UW-Eau Claire Help Desk (715-836-5711, email@example.com).
If you do not have internet access, you can call 715-836-4418 and leave a message with the details that you would normally update in Protocol.
Learn more about how to use the app below.