All UW-Eau Claire faculty, staff and students are required to monitor their health every day through the Blugold Protocol application. The mobile app, which was developed specifically for UW-Eau Claire, is HIPAA-compliant and all information gathered through the app is secure. The app allows users to complete a daily log of their temperature and any symptoms of COVID-19.
All Blugolds are required to download the app and log their symptoms and temperature daily. Daily entry of your health status is required, beginning Sept. 2. This includes weekends and holidays throughout the 2020-21 academic year.
Updated 11.23.2020 - Students who are enrolled in all remote instruction classes and who will not be on campus during fall 2020 semester, Winterim 2021, and spring 2021 semester are not required to use the Blugold Protocol app, unless they are involved in clinical placements, such as student teaching or nursing clinicals; will be on campus for even a single in-person class or exam; or plan to visit campus sporadically for research or to access campus facilities.
How to download and use Blugold Protocol
- Blugold Protocol is available on both Google Play and the App Store.
- After downloading the app, please sign in with your university email/username and password.
- If you don't have a mobile device, you can use the desktop version by visiting this site.
- Every day, please log your temperature in the app and detail any symptoms you may be experiencing.
- The app will guide you of next steps you must take if your temperature or symptoms warrant further action.
If users have difficulty accessing the app with their university credentials, they should contact the UW-Eau Claire Help Desk (715-836-5711, firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you do not have internet access, you can call 715-836-4418 and leave a message with the details that you would normally update in Protocol.
Learn more about how to use the app below.