Site Feedback

Garfield Avenue project affects travel on lower campus. The project is expected to be completed in fall 2018. Please allow extra time when traveling to see us!

Learn More

Advising, Retention + Career Center


You have questions, we have answers

It’s pretty common to have questions when it comes to advising and career advice. We’ve made sure to collect the most common questions and provide answers to them right here. If you aren’t seeing your question, don’t worry! Just give us a call, shoot us an email or fill out the contact box at the bottom of the page.

If you are considering switching to the LE-Track, make an appointment with your current advisor to discuss the switch.

During the first two weeks of fall and spring semesters, you can drop a full-semester class using MyBlugold CampS. There will be no record of your enrollment in the class on your transcript.  If the course does not meet the entire semester, check for add/drop restrictions.

Starting the third week of the semester, you must obtain approval signatures on the Change of Registration form to withdraw from a class. A “W” will be denoted on your transcript.

Dates for dropping a class with no record of enrollment and for withdrawing from a class with a “W” are prorated for short courses (those lasting less than 16 weeks) and for courses during summer and winterim. You can check these dates on MyBlugold CampS.

What is a "W"?

A “W” will appear on your transcript if you have withdrawn from a class after the drop deadline (for full-semester classes, the drop deadline is the end of the second week of classes). “W”s do not affect your GPA. Contact your advisor if you have questions about having a “W” on your transcript.

Always consult with your advisor if you are thinking of dropping all of your classes or leaving the university. They will discuss with you the process and options based on the time of the semester.

Your catalog year is listed at the top of your degree audit under "Requirement Term." To view your degree audit, login to MyBlugold CampS, open the drop-down menu and select "Degree Audit." When the page loads, click "view report as PDF." 

Be sure to talk to your advisor before deciding to drop below full time. Dropping below full time (12 credits for a regular semester) could cause problems in the following areas:

  • Athletic eligibility
  • Health insurance (if the student is covered under his/her parent's health insurance, full time enrollment is often required)
  • Veterans benefits
  • Financial Aid
  • Eligibility for the Dean's list
  • Scholarships
To Withdraw from all Courses Prior to the Start of Classes

Log in to MyBlugold CampS to drop each class. (Self Service > Student Center) If you are able to successfully drop all of your classes on MyBlugold CampS, no other action is required to withdraw from the term.

To Withdraw from all Courses on or after the First Day of Classes

Please follow the instructions below according to your student status:

Undergraduate Degree-Seeking Students

If you applied and were admitted to UW-Eau Claire to work toward earning an undergraduate degree, please follow these instructions.

1.     Speak with an advisor in the Advising, Retention, and Career Center, Old Library Room 2100, 715-836-3487,  To help you determine whether you are making the decision that is best for you, the advisor will speak with you about any consequences that may result from a withdrawal, and considerations for returning in the future.

2.     If you withdraw within the first ten weeks of the semester, the advisor will be able to provide you access to an online withdrawal form that you must complete and submit to finalize the withdrawal process.

a.     If you are withdrawing within the first two weeks of the semester, there will be no grades posted to your transcript.

b.    If you are withdrawing within week three through week ten, a grade of W will be recorded on your transcript for each course in which you were enrolled.

3.     After your submitted withdrawal form has been processed in Blugold Central, you will receive an email notification confirming your withdrawal has been processed.

4.     If living on campus, report to your Residence Hall Director to formally check-out of your residence hall or you will continue to be billed for room and board charges. Contact Housing and Residence Life, 715-836-3674 for further instructions.

Graduate and Special/Non-degree Seeking Students

1.     Complete and submit this Withdrawal Form

a. If you are withdrawing within the first two weeks of the semester, there will be no grades posted to your transcript.

b.If you are withdrawing within week three through week ten, a grade of W will be recorded on your transcript for each course in which you were enrolled.

2.    After your submitted withdrawal form has been processed in Blugold Central, you will receive an email notification confirming your withdrawal has been processed.

Short-Term Course Information

Due to the length of short-term courses, all academic and refund deadlines are prorated. Refunds resulting from a withdrawal are calculated based on the class length.

The class length calculation is based on the start and end date of the class dates listed on the Class Schedule. The term session information is available in MyBlugold CampS:  Self Service>Term Session Info and Dates. This includes the last day to add and withdraw based on the course length.

Consequences of Leaving the University Without Official Withdrawal

If you leave the University without officially withdrawing as per University regulations, you will be charged the full 100% of tuition and fees due to the University. If you are able to document that you have not attended the course(s) for which you registered (non-attendance), you will be assessed 20% of the original fees due, reduced to resident rates, and any late fees or finance charges.
The Refund Schedule / Financial Aid Repayment Notice website also has refund information specific to the length of the course.

Equivalencies for all UW System schools, Wisconsin Technical Colleges, private schools in Wisconsin, Minnesota schools and UWEC study abroad programs can be found on MyBlugold CampS. Frequently, changes and updates are made to the transfer equivalency files. To ensure that the course will transfer to UW-Eau Claire as you intend it to, you should document the current equivalency information. To do this, do one of the following:

Use the UWEC Transfer Credit Wizard or Reverse Lookup Wizard

Once you find the equivalency you’re looking for, simply print a copy of the page showing the equivalency, make sure there is a date printed on the page, and retain it for your records as documentation of the credit you will receive upon completing a transfer course. Once you’ve completed the course, remember to have a transcript sent to the UWEC Registrar’s office from the school where you take the course. To access the Transfer Credit Wizard or Reverse Lookup Wizard go to MyBlugold CampS, click “Self-Service,” then “Transfer Credit Wizard” or "Transfer Credit Reverse Lookup".

Use the Prior Approval Form

Alternatively, if you did not find the school or course you were looking for in the UWEC Transfer Credit Wizard, you may complete a Prior Approval Form. Retain a copy for your records.

In your student center in MyBlugold CampS, open the "other academics" dropdown menu and select "Degree Audit-What If." You can enter your desired major or minor and run a degree audit for your program of interest. 

Official and unofficial transcripts are requested through MyBlugold CampS.

For unofficial transcripts:

Open the drop-down menu and select “Transcript: View Unofficial”
For “Report Type,” select “Unofficial Transcript.” Click “view report.”
NOTE: The transcript does open in a PDF. Sometimes students cannot load these because of pop-up blocker settings. If you're having issues, check into those first, then contact the registrars office.

The preliminary finals schedule is available on the Registrar's web site.

Common exam times will be determined during the first month of the semester. Once they are determined, your exact exam schedule will be found on MyBlugold CampS; use the "Other Academic" drop down menu and select Final Exam Schedule.

The first rule is always to talk with the instructor. She or he can often offer guidance, study tips or help you with specific questions. You should also utilize the resources of the Academic Skills Center (tutoring, supplemental instruction, reading and study strategies, etc.) as well as the math lab and the Center for Writing Excellence. If you have questions about academic resources, contact your advisor.

There is an online GPA calculator that calculates your semester GPA and can help you figure out what grades you have to get to raise your GPA.

GPA Calculator

That is a complicated question. It is best to talk to your advisor before taking a course S/U; some majors have restrictions. The options of S/U registration is open only to students with sophomore standing or above and a resident GPA of 2.00 or higher. The only exception: any student may enroll in a physical activity course on the S/U basis.

You can request enrollment verification through the Registrar's site. 

The registrar's office processes retroactive credits at the end of each semester. You must earn a B or better (not a B-) to be eligible for retroactive credits. Retroactive credits are noted on your transcript after the end of the semester; if they do not appear in a few weeks, contact the registrar's office.

Placement testing can be confusing. New freshmen starting in the fall will receive regional placement testing information in February. There are opportunities to take placement tests in WI, MN, IL and at UWEC prior to coming to orientation.

Transfer students will have an opportunity to take placement test(s) during orientation. Your advisor will tell you which test(s) you need.

Current students who need placement tests, please contact the testing office.

Information for new freshmen, new transfers and current students can be found online on the Academic Testing website.

Contact Us
Name is required.
An email address is required.

Thanks for your interest in UW-Eau Claire. Let's get started!

Select a student category below for admission guidelines, important deadlines and instructions.

NOTE: To complete your application to UW-Eau Claire you will be taken off of this website to access the UW System online admission application.

If you want to apply for employment, please click here.