This information is for candidates graduating with a DPN, Master's, or Specialist in Education. Below you will find pre-ceremony and during-ceremony instructions.
- Please note that you will graduate with your College, and you will attend that ceremony.
- Bring your hood for the formal hooding ceremony.
- Honors are not assessed at the graduate level, therefore no graduate students wear honor cords.
During-ceremony hooding instructions
DNPs, Masters and Specialist in Education Candidates: Will approach the stage single file and be announced by a single reader.
- Advance toward the platform with hood draped over your left arm while holding your reader card in your right hand. Give your card to the reader.
- Walk onto the stage as your name is announced and receive your diploma cover from the Dean of Graduate Studies
- Walk toward the Dean of your College who will take your hood from you.
- Stand on the taped "X," facing the audience.
- The dean and assistant will install the hood and will tap your shoulders when installation is complete.
- Shake hands with the Dean and assistant
- Walk toward the Chancellor, shake hands and exit the stage.