The University Centers comprises three buildings — Davies Center, Hilltop Center and Crest Wellness Center — that serve as the community center for the campus. The unit is also responsible for Schofield Auditorium and Zorn Arena, multipurpose facilities that are frequently used for events.
Construction has been completed on a new student center that has replaced the original Davies Center, which opened in 1959. The new student center, like its predecessor, is named in memory of William R. Davies (1893–1959), the university's second president.
Past, present and future students are paying for their new student center through segregated fees assessed since 2000. Construction began March 7, 2011. The original Davies Center closed to the public in May 2012 and left the campus landscape in August 2012.
An extensive renovation of Hilltop Center in 2012 expanded the primary contract service cafeteria on campus. Riverview Cafe now comprises the entire second floor of the building, and up to 7,000 meals are served to students each day.
Event Services reserves all campus facilities for non-academic use. Meeting rooms, auditoriums, audio-visual equipment, display spaces and other campus facilities may be used or rented by recognized student organizations, academic departments, administrative offices, faculty-staff members and students. Non-university clients may reserve and rent campus facilities through Event Services, which will assist with technical arrangements, dining service, housing, parking and security needs.
Smoking is prohibited on the University of Wisconsin-Eau Claire campus except in designated areas and on city-owned streets that run through campus. Details on the campuswide smoking policy are available on the website of Facilities Management.