The job search process takes planning and persistence and finding employment is a job in itself. There are multiple methods to search for openings and Career Services can guide you along the way.
Career Services can help with the job search. Career Counselors are available for group workshops and individual career counseling appointments. You can also research possible jobs and industries on your own by using these resources:
- Learn how to network
- Navigate job search sites
- Write cover letters and resumes
- Prepare for professional interviews
- Negotiate salary and benefits
By doing employer research you can:
- identify employers you have not thought of before
- prepare a customized resume and cover letter
- prepare for the interview by understanding the employer and identifying questions you can ask at the interview
Meet with a Career Counselor in Career Services to help you fine-tune your employer research.