Thomas Hall, built in 1955, is the smallest residence hall on campus. It accommodates approximately 73 men and 71 women. For Blugolds interested in joining our diverse Living Learning Communities, The Global Learning Community and Spanish Living Learning Community are housed within Thomas Hall. There is something for everyone with the halls' social room and music practice area. For workout junkies, Thomas Hall also has its very own Fitness Area with weights, rowing machines, and exercise bikes.
Facts and Details
- Capacity: 136 - male and female separated by wing
- Lower campus
- 2018-2019 available to incoming first year and transfer student
- 2019-2020 available mainly for incoming students but some upperclassman availability
- Standard room, 2 residents each, some medical single rooms available
- Includes study lounges, student kitchen, pizza and drinks available for purchase at front desk
- Near Putnam Park, a 33 acre natural reserve
- Room sizes are approximately 14' 9" x 11' 2"
- Mailing address:
Room number and building name
642 University Drive
Eau Claire, WI 54701
Global Learning Community (GLC)
The Global Learning Community provides an opportunity for domestic and international Blugolds to live together and engage in learning experience related to living in an increasingly global society. Opportunities exist in the GLC for Blugolds to prepare for study abroad and for those returning from study abroad to share their experiences.
Spanish Living Learning Community
The Spanish LLC would be the "home" of 20 to 25 students who commit to "living" the
Spanish language and culture. The LLC, located in Katherine Thomas Hall, would also be the site for events introducing other students and staff on campus and Eau Claire community to various aspects of the Spanish-speaking world.
Living in this LLC will give you the opportunity to immerse yourself in the language and culture. You also will have the chance to serve as a cultural ambassador to the other resident hall students, campus community and to prospective students.
*All floors have the same layout. Example 205 represents location of 105, 305, etc.
**Provided room dimensions is for a typical room layout in the designated building. Room sizes may vary.
- Ruben Cervantes-Garibay
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org