Our camp philosophy is designed to help players of all ages and abilities improve their game, become better team players, develop leadership skills and have a meaningful and fun camp experience. This is more than just a basketball camp. Our Blugold coaches and players — proven leaders on and off the court — have fine-tuned the art of developing the integrity and skills of young athletes through outstanding instruction, demonstration and positive reinforcement.
Friends who register for camp will have opportunities to work together during drills, games and other sessions. In an effort to foster new relationships and meet players from other towns, scrimmage teams will be limited to 4 players from the same school/hometown so campers can also meet new friends.
This camp takes the unique approach of addressing the whole student-athlete, with significant focus on character and team-building lessons in combination with superior basketball instruction. More than half of all registrations are returning campers — parents and coaches love how these camps shape confident, strong young female athletes.
The Blugold Girls' Basketball and Leadership camp is designed to help players of all ages and abilities improve their basketball skills, develop leadership ability and have a meaningful camp experience. The goal of the camp is to develop a well-rounded basketball player and person. From the highly skilled to the beginning player, each camper will be challenged to improve her basketball skills through individual and team instruction. Each day of camp will include fundamental practice sessions, full court 5 on 5 games, fast break league games, Blugold drills, speakers, and contests. Each camper will receive individual attention to improve specific skill areas. To maximize each player's basketball experience, teams will be limited in numbers and every camper will receive equal playing time in all 5 on 5 games and fast break league games.
To promote personal growth and competitive league play, campers will be placed with other players of similar age and grade levels. Friends who attend camp together will have many opportunities to work with each other during fundamentals, Blugolds drills, contests and motivational sessions. The camp staff believes it is important for campers to meet, interact and play with athletes from other schools and hometowns. Therefore, the 5 on 5 teams will be limited to 4 campers from the same school/hometown.
In addition to basketball, campers will also participate in motivational sessions with coaches and college players designed to develop leadership, discipline, focus, sportsmanship, and a broader appreciation for the game.
The experienced Blugold Camp coaching staff is concerned, first and foremost, with the welfare of each camper. If you want to work hard, become a better basketball player, improve you leadership skills, meet new friends and have a great camp experience, attend the Blugold Girls' Basketball and Leadership Camp!
Why choose a Blugold Basketball Camp?
- Quality Instruction: Our coaches teach well. Fundamentals are emphasized throughout camp in offensive/defensive/shooting practice sessions and league play.
- Camp schedule includes fundamentals practices, full court 5 on 5 games, fast break league games, Blugold drills, motivational speakers and contest.
- Teams are limited in number and every camper will receive equal playing time
- Campers are placed with players of similar age and grade levels.
- Friends who attend camp will have opportunities to work with each other during fundamentals, Blugold drills, motivational sessions and contests.
- We believe it is important for campers to meet, interact and play with campers from other schools/hometowns- 5 on 5 teams will be limited to 4 campers from same school/hometown.
- Campers will participate in motivational sessions with Blugold players and coaches designed to develop leadership, discipline, focus, sportsmanship and an appreciation for the game.
- Great female role models: The camp staff consists of the Blugold Coaching staff along with current and former Blugold women's basketball players.
- For overnight campers, the camp coaches (former/current Blugold players) supervise and live on each wing with the campers in the residence hall.
- High retention: More than half the campers each year have attended previous Blugold camps.
- Camp staff is professional, organized, caring and fun.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are athletic trainers and medical staff available at camp?
Yes, a first responder will be on site and available throughout the camp as a member of the camp staff. A clinic and hospital are also located with one-half mile of campus.
Are the dorms supervised and staffed?
University security and campus staff are on duty at all times. All campers will be supervised by coaches and staff throughout their experience including in the dorms. There will always be a resident assistant on staff at the dorms. Blugold players and coaches also stay overnight in the dorms along with the campers.
If I am involved in other sports leagues during the week, can I attend those games?
With parent permission, campers are allowed to check-out of camp to attend other commitments. Campers must check-out and check-in daily. Please inform us during check-in that your child will be attending these events
Will additional snacks and beverages be available?
Pizza, treats, water, sports drinks, etc. are available for purchase at the front desk of the dorms. Campers are encouraged to bring some extra snacks or money for these items and for ordering pizza.
If I register for camp within a week of camp beginning, should I still mail my medical consent form?
Please bring your medical consent form to check-in rather than mailing it if there is a chance it may not be received prior to camp beginning.
Should I bring a ball?
It is not necessary to bring a ball to camp. We will supply all basketballs.
Are the dorms air-conditioned?
Yes, all dorm spaces are air-conditioned!
Is there a camp store?
Yes, we do have a camp store! We encourage all campers to check out our wide variety of gear available in the basement of the dorms at the camp store. Campers can purchase gear during check-in and check-out as well as each night after camp sessions. We accept cash and checks.
Can I be on a team with my friends?
Please note on your registration form which of your friends you would like on your team. Although we cannot promise to put you on the same team, we will do our best to do so. Please no more than four campers from the same team/town on a team as we encourage our campers to meet new friends and teammates at camp.
What should I bring to camp?
Bring the basketball clothing essentials (basketball shoes, athletic socks, shorts, t-shirts, undergarments). Also, be sure to bring personal hygiene products such as towels, washcloths, soap, shampoo, deodorant and toiletries. It is also a good idea to bring an alarm clock, water bottle, spending money, fan and extra pair of shoes for walking to the gym each day. Please leave valuables at home as we are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
Can I choose my roommate?
You may request a particular roommate on your registration form. Be sure both roommates acknowledge this request.
Are linens provide?
Campers will be provided with sheets, a pillow case, a pillow, a mattress pad, and a blanket.
Are there Gluten Free options at the meal service?
Yes, our food service can provide gluten free options for each meal, including gluten free pizza for Sunday night. Please email us ahead of camp if you have questions or concerns regarding meals and special diet needs.
Thank you so much for the great camp experience. It was an intense camp; however, my daughter learned so much and even wished it was longer! The coaches were amazing to talk with about any questions and concerns. Enjoyed the personal aspects the classroom presented and the invitation to the UWEC games this fall! Thank you so much - we'll for sure be back!
3-Day Basketball & Leadership Camp
Grades 1-7 | June 16-18, 2020
This camp includes three days of basketball and leadership instruction, a camp t-shirt, and an individual certificate of achievement. Activities will include fundamental skill instruction, motivational sessions and Blugold drills to music (a camp favorite) with Blugold coaches and players.
Camp sessions will be held in the McPhee Center.
- 1-4 p.m.
- $110 | commuter, meals not included
4-Day Basketball & Leadership Camp
Grades 5-12 | Session 1: June 21-24, 2020
Grades 5-12 | Session 2: June 28 - July 1, 2020
The comprehensive fee for campers who stay overnight includes meals and living accommodations, eleven full sessions of basketball and leadership instruction over 4 days, a camp t-shirt and an individual certificate of achievement. Campers who stay overnight will live in a modern on-campus residence hall and will be served meals from dinner on Sunday through breakfast on Wednesday.
Commuter campers are included in all camp activities from Sunday night through Wednesday noon.
Sample schedule. Final 2020 schedule TBD.
- 3-5 p.m: residence hall check-in/registration at Towers South Hall
- 4:30 p.m.: commuter check-in/registration at Towers South Hall
- 5 p.m.: dinner at Hilltop Center (we will call you for dinner)
- 6:30 p.m.: 1st basketball session at Olson Gym
- 8:45 p.m.: return to residence hall / commuters get picked up outside Olson Gym
- 9:15 p.m.: all overnight campers must be in residence hall
- 10:00 p.m.: all campers must be in room. Coaches will check rooms at this time.
Monday - Wednesday
- breakfast, lunch & dinner will be served at Hilltop Center
- 8:30 am: camp begins - all campers meet at Olson Gym. Daily camp activities include the following:
- fast break league / shooting clinic / fundamentals / speaker rotation
- 5v5 league games / classroom / lunch rotation
- Blugold drills to music
- 5v5 games
- classroom sessions with coaches
- options (extra individual help, swimming, ect)
- 9 p.m.: camp activities in the gym end
- 8:45 p.m.: pick-up at Olson gym
- 8:15 a.m.: drop-off at Olson Gym
- 8:15-9 p.m.: pick-up at Olson Gym
- please decided on a specific time to meet your camper at Olson Gym
- campers have different options from 8:15-9 p.m. (swimming, extra shooting, ect)
- all commuter campers must check out with coach before leaving and must be picked up by 9 p.m.
What to bring
- remaining balance of your camp fee
- you may pay by cash, check, or credit card
- checks should be made payable to Blugold Girls’ Basketball Camp
- we accept VISA, Mastercard and Discover
- please note there is a $3.00 service fee charge for any credit card payments that are not made online
- basketball shorts, t-shirts, plenty of socks, basketball shoes, towels
- extra sandals/shoes to walk between the dorms, food service and gyms
- water bottle (we will also have UW-Eau Claire water bottles for sale at our camp store)
- alarm clock
- a blanket (sheets and pillows will be provided for campers in the residence hall)
- personal items (shampoo, soap, sandals for showers, etc.) and towels for showering
- cell phones are allowed - free WiFi is available on campus
- a small amount of money for soda, evening snacks, souvenir clothing, etc. (We will have a camp store with UW-Eau Claire basketball apparel)
- please do NOT bring your own basketball - basketballs will be provided
- ice in the dorms is for injury use only - you will not be allowed to fill personal coolers
- an extra blanket and sweatshirt for Summer Cinema on Wednesday night (the girls will have the option to attend an outdoor movie on campus)
- swimsuit and towel - option to swim Monday-Wednesday nights
- $360 | overnight
- $310 | commuter, lunch and dinner included
Blugold Buddies Clinic
Grades 1-7 | January 2021
The program is designed to improve basketball skills for every ability level. The clinic will teach basic fundamental skills, rules of the game, and feature motivational sessions from Blugold coaches and players.
- 1-4 p.m.
- $35 | t-shirt included
If you are interested in having our coaches and players put on a clinic at your school or for your association, please contact Coach Englund.
Contact Mallie Doucette , assistant coach | firstname.lastname@example.org | 715.836.2055