UW-Eau Claire is one of the strongest NCAA Division III middle and long distance running programs in the country.
Over the past twelve and a half years the cross country team has won twelve conference titles and finished in the top four at nationals six times, including a men’s national title in 2015 and a women’s national title in 2009. On the track, during this same time period, middle and long distance runners have earned 62 All-American awards, won 36 individual conference titles, set 27 school records, captured 7 NCAA individual national titles and one distance medley relay national title.
Excellent camp that was very organized and educational. Kept fun but always learning! Thank you!
Middle Distance & Distance Running Day Camp
Entering grades 9-12 | July 11-15, 2021
This camp provides cross country and middle/long distance track runners of all abilities a foundation of intelligent training and positive motivation that will help them reach their full potential as a high school student athlete. Camp includes training discussions given by successful high school and collegiate coaches in combination with running workouts led by current and former UW-Eau Claire cross country and track student athletes.
Camp staff will share practical information that has helped their student athletes and teams achieve great success. Discussion topics will include:
- Training Theory: The Basic Ingredients of a Successful Training Plan
- Strength Training & Injury Prevention Exercises for Middle & Long Distance Runners
- How to Manage Race / Workout Anxiety & Use it to your Benefit
- Nutrition Strategies for the High School Endurance Athlete
- Recovery Strategies for the High School Endurance Athlete
- Positive Team Culture = A Necessary Ingredient for Success
In addition, there will be a guided question and answer session led by a panel of past and present collegiate runners who have achieved success at a national level.
UW-Eau Claire’s middle and long distance program focuses on developing a positive team environment where everyone is respected, and it places a high emphasis on training smart, working hard and enjoying competition. The goal of this running camp is to share this team philosophy with our campers.
- TBD | commuter, meals included
Current UW–Eau Claire Cross Country runners will serve as Camp Counselors.
Several guest speakers will be presenting at camp. Past guest speakers include:
- Breanna Sieracki | Team USA Minnesota athlete
- Tom Antczak | UW Platteville Head Cross Country Coach
- Mike Heidke | Neenah Girls Head Cross Country Coach
- Eric Lueck | WI Lutheran Boys Head Cross Country Coach
- Bill Miles | retired Wayzata Boys Head CC & Track Coach
- Mary Wirtz | Mayo Health System Dietician and UWEC alum