Come join fellow double reed players for a week of music, learning more about the oboe and bassoon, and FUN!
The camp provides instruction for high school aged oboists and bassoonists in an enjoyable and challenging, yet very supportive environment. All aspiring double reed musicians are welcomed! Daily experiences include access to live, online masterclasses with guest artists, reed sessions, workshops on special topics, small group work, chamber music sessions, "hangout" times, and faculty performances. Tuition also includes individual lessons for all participants.
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, the UWEC Double Reed Camp is going VIRTUAL. But we're not lamenting this change - in fact, we're shouting from the rooftops that this will be the BEST CAMP YET!
Special requirement | A high-speed internet connection is required for all activities.
**Outstanding New Guest Artists**
We've lined up some of the VERY BEST GUEST ARTISTS ANYWHERE!
Oboe Presentations + Masterclasses
- Claire Brazeau | Principal Oboist, LA Chamber Orchestra
- Peter Cooper | Principal Oboist, Colorado Symphony | University of Colorado-Boulder
- Katherine Needleman | Principal Oboist, Baltimore Symphony Orchestra
- Dwight Parry | Principal Oboist, Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra
- James Austin Smith | Co-Principal Oboist, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra | Executive Director, Tertulia
Bassoon Presentations + Masterclasses
- Steven Braunstein | Contra Bassoon Specialist, San Francisco Conservatory and Orchestra
- Peter Kolkay | Bassoon Faculty, Vanderbilt University | Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center
- Frank Morelli | Bassoon Faculty, The Juilliard School | Bassoonist, Orpheus Chamber Orchestra
- Timothy McGovern | Bassoon Faculty, University of Illinois
- Christin Schillinger | Bassoon Faculty, Ithaca College
**Outstanding Instructors + Faculty**
You'll learn from some of the best oboe and bassoon educators!
**Outstanding New Price**
The camp fees have been reduced to only $150 for all participants! This includes access to all masterclasses, individual lessons, performances and all group sessions.
STEP 1 | Apply online
- All applicants must submit a short three to five minute audio or video recording that includes one to two excerpts from a solo piece or etude that exhibits the participant's technical and lyrical playing abilities. No piano accompaniment is necessary.
- A recording made from a cell phone is totally fine, just make sure the microphone is approximately six feet away from the performer.
- We will notify you within approx. two weeks of your application for acceptance into the program.
- Priority deadline for submission is May 15th, 2020.
STEP 2 | Pay once accepted
- $150 | online instruction includes individual lessons for all participants
Contact Dr. Christa Garvey | email@example.com | 715.836.3390