Individuals with Disabilities
Self-Declaration of Disability Status
To comply with federal contractor reporting obligations, the University is required by law to request disability status from employees. It’s important for our employees to be counted. We invite you to self-declare. Submission of this information is voluntary and refusal to provide it will not subject you to any adverse treatment.
How do I self-declare?
Login to My UW Portal
- Go to www.uwec.edu
- Click on Faculty + Staff
- Click on “My UW System” then select UW- Eau Claire
- Login using your Email User ID and password
- Click on “Personal Information” App
- Click on “Update My Personal Information"
- Click on Disability
- Click on your declaration status and hit Submit
Policies & Resources
- UWEC’s Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Policy can be viewed here.
- Questions regarding accommodations for students with disabilities should be referred to Services for Students with Disabilities Office.
- Click here to learn more about UWEC’s Accessibility Issues for Persons with Disabilities Committee.
- UWEC Reasonable Accommodation Policy
It is the policy of UWEC to provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. UWEC will adhere to all applicable federal and state laws, regulations, and guidelines with respect to providing reasonable accommodations as required to afford equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals with a disability. Reasonable accommodations will be provided in a timely and cost-effective manner. Employment opportunity shall not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations to an individual’s disability. Questions regarding this policy should be directed to the ADA Coordinator in Human Resources.
Human Resources is the first point of contact for employees with disabilities who have questions regarding reasonable accommodations in the workplace. David Miller is the designated ADA Coordinator.
Grievance Policy for Students with Disabilities
It is the policy of UWEC to provide reasonable accommodations for students with disabilities pursuant to state and federal law. If a student with a disability wishes to make an accommodation request, they should consult the Services for students with Disabilities Office, which is responsible for assisting with appropriate accommodations. Students may also discuss accommodation issues with individual instructors or administrators. To learn more about the policy and procedures, click here.
Complaints of discrimination on the basis of disability should be directed to the Affirmative Action Office and will be investigated pursuant to UWEC’s Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation Policy.