Skip to main content

Admission guidelines and application process

The application datelines for a nontraditional student can vary on your particular educational situation. Review the options below and click on the type that fits your situation best to see priority deadlines.

Which type of nontraditional student are you?

  • Apply as a first-year student if you're a high school graduate with no higher education coursework
  • Apply as a transfer student if you have completed higher education coursework after high school graduation
  • Apply as a second degree student if you have completed a bachelor's degree from a four-year institution and want to pursue another undergraduate degree
  • Apply as a graduate student if you have completed a bachelor's degree from a four-year institution and are interested in pursuing a graduate degree (we would encourage you to contact the department for application requirements for graduate programs)
  • Already applied? Check your application status
  • Are you seeking re-admission?

    If you took an absence of a semester or more, you will need to complete an Application for Admission. You do not need to pay the application fee or send your transcripts to the Admissions Office.

    Learn more about reentry student enrollment

    Make your transition easier

    Don't be nervous about coming back to campus! We have nontraditional student services that can help make your transition easier. Incoming nontraditional students also have the option of taking a one-credit, special course shaped around the needs and areas of concern for someone returning back to school.

    Learn more about nontraditional student services

    Looking for a different student type?

    Select your student type below to see your application process.

    Select your student type:
    We want to hear from you

    Please enter your name

    Please enter a valid email address

    Please enter a valid phone number

    Please enter a message