Skip to main content

FAQs for Transfer Students

Get your questions answered

We have put together a list of the most commonly asked questions we hear from incoming transfer students about becoming a Blugold. Check out the questions below and if you don't see one on the list don't hesitate to contact us.

Apply NowBe a Blugold Schedule a VisitTry us on for size Request InfoGet the details

How can I find out which courses I should take prior to transferring?

Contact the Admissions Office at UW-Eau Claire. Indicate the school you are attending or planning to attend, your intended major, and a list of the courses you have taken or are planning to take. (List your courses in this way: MATH 110 - College Algebra, 4 credits.) We will then offer an unofficial evaluation of your courses and suggest additional courses you can take prior to transferring. 

We may have a transfer guide with your institution–you can review them here.

How will my credits transfer?

After you are admitted to UW-Eau Claire, we will prepare an official transfer credit evaluation of your previous college level course work. Each course will be evaluated on a course by course basis. Upon acceptance, you will be able to see an official transfer credit report. 

If you have received one of the below Associate Degrees, it will fulfill all of the liberal education requirements for UW-Eau Claire (except University graduation requirements and specific liberal education requirements for the major). 

  • Liberal arts Associate of Arts (AA) and Associate of Science (AS) degrees from Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) institutions 
  • Liberal arts Associate in Arts (AA) degrees from institutions in the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MnSCU) system (The MnSCU degree must be earned after 1994) 
  • Liberal arts Associate of Arts and Sciences (AAS) degree from University of Wisconsin System institutions

If you would like to see how your courses transfer from one institution to another, you can look at the UW-Eau Claire Transfer Credit Wizard.

Will my financial aid transfer from my current school to UW-Eau Claire?  

No, financial aid does not transfer. You must go the FAFSA website and list UW-Eau Claire's school code of 003917. After you are admitted and have paid the $100 tuition deposit, the Financial Aid office will contact you regarding your financial aid award.

How do I register for classes?  

You will need to complete an orientation and advising appointment, pay your $100 tuition deposit, and electronically sign your Payment Plan Agreement (PPA) before you are eligible to register for classes. Your advisor will reach out to you via email with information about your orientation and advising appointment and registration date. Learn more information regarding transfer advising and orientation.

We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message