Our marketing program provides you with the marketing and general business knowledge you need to compete in today’s job market. We are the only business school in Wisconsin to offer a marketing analytics major, and we are ranked as a "Top North American Sales School" by the Sales Education Foundation.
My professors worked incredibly hard to help make me a better business professional. My internships gave me experiences outside of the classroom. Participation in a student business organization gave me a network of friends who encouraged me to be my best.
MajorsComprehensive majors (no minor required)
- Marketing - Marketing Analytics
- Marketing - Professional Sales
- Military Leadership
Contact InfoKristy Lauver, Ph.D., Management + Marketing
Schneider Social Science Hall 400D
1702 Park Avenue
Prepared for success
We take your success personally. Our mission, "We prepare you for success," means we will partner with you to help you achieve an education that fits your own definition of success. You will be in demand: As a graduate of our college, you will have the knowledge and skills you need for success now and in the future. 99% of our 2014-15 marketing graduates report they were employed or continuing their education (Source: First Destination Report, UW-Eau Claire Class of 2014-15).
We prepare students for success through a curriculum that includes a strong liberal education core and a broad background of major-specific coursework in marketing and business. We also help students develop communication, teamwork and problem solving skills, which are highly valued by organizations seeking graduates with a marketing degree.
The marketing program hosts the Great Northwoods Sales Warm-Up, a national sales competition that brings students to our campus from across the U.S. to compete for prizes. Our marketing students also benefit from technologically sophisticated learning environments. For example, we are one of a handful of programs nationally to use Nielsen’s proprietary software and research databases in our marketing analytics courses.
Where are our grads?
- Analytics coordinator; Pittsburgh Pirates; Pittsburgh, PA
- Human capital mgmt consultant; PayCom; Naperville, IL
- Apprentice sales associate; Staples Advantage; Denver, CO
- Financial advisor trainee; Edward Jones; Tempe, AZ
- Consumer products sales rep; Hormel Foods; Bethlehem, PA
- Festival administrator; April Base Studios; Fall Creek, WI
Why UW-Eau Claire
Our academic programs are among the best. We are accredited by AACSB International, a mark of excellence achieved by less than 5% of all business schools worldwide.
Get Involved / Student Orgs
Our students are engaged. You will have the opportunity to participate in internships, international study, competitions, service projects and other high impact educational experiences that will enhance your self-confidence while allowing you to apply and test what you have learned. Marketing students also have the opportunity to join the Blugold Sales Team, where they can develop their sales skills by competing at local, regional and national competitions.
- 92% of our students have participated in at least one high impact experience during their college career. (Source: COB 2015-16 Graduating Senior Surveys)
You will develop leadership skills. Our students are active in the American Marketing Association and Pi Sigma Epsilon marketing and sales fraternity where they participate in regional and national conferences, and sales and marketing case competitions. Both professional organizations host regional conferences on campus and have achieved many national recognitions. In 2016, for example, the UW-Eau Claire AMA chapter was named the International Chapter of the Year. Other organizations for marketing students include Beta Upsilon Sigma (BUS) and Collegiate DECA.
- 71% of our students report that they belong to at least one student organization. 30% hold a leadership position. (Source: COB 2015-16 Graduating Senior Surveys)
You will learn by doing. We encourage students to participate in learning experiences outside the classroom.
- 75% have completed one or more internships. (Source: COB 2015-16 Graduating Senior Surveys)
- 49% have completed a real world, applied class project for a business or organization in the community. (Source: COB 2015-16 Graduating Senior Surveys)
- 21% have studied abroad. (Source: COB 2015-16 Graduating Senior Surveys)
First-Year Suggested Curriculum
- Course(s) to satisfy the University's writing requirement—determined by placement exam
- Course(s) to satisfy the University's mathematics requirement—determined by placement exam
- Principles of Microeconomics (Econ 103)
- Principles of Macroeconomics (Econ 104)
- Foundations for Success in Business (BSAD 180)
- Courses to satisfy the University's Liberal Education requirements