Getting experience in an area you may be interested in pursuing is the best way to see if it is right for you. There are several internship and volunteering opportunities locally, nationally, and globally. Check out the list below to find one that might be right for you and contact us if you have any questions.
Shadowing + internship experience
Mayo Clinic Health System
2018 MedEx College Edition, Eau Claire and Menomonie
Applications for the summer session of MedEx will be abailable in April
The MedEx College Edition program at Mayo Clinic Health System in Eau Claire is an opportunity for UWEC students with a demonstrated interest in medicine to job shadow physicians. Students accepted to the program will spend 3 half-day sessions job shadowing in different medical specialties during a typical workday in the clinic.
Prerequisites & Requirements:
- 30 hours of volunteer service at Mayo Clinic Health System
- Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing in fall semester
- Strong interest in becoming a physician.
- GPA above a 3.0
There are three opportunities for this experience:
For more information about MedEx click here.
Applications are closed for the spring semester. Please check back in the fall.
Marshfield Clinic Pre-Med and Allied Health Experience Pre-medical or pre-physician's assistant students spend time in a one-of-a-kind experience in which students will see, first-hand, a full range of practitioners in a variety of specialties, including their duties and responsibilities, the rewards and challenges of the health-care profession and the inner-workings of hospital, clinics, and staff.
Prerequisites & Requirements:
- Sophomore, junior, or senior standing
- Strong interests in medicine or physician's assistant as a career
There are two opportunities for this experience:
Regional volunteer + service experience
UW-Eau Claire is partnering up with Marshfield Clinic to have student volunteers help patients connect with assistance in food, housing, utilities, clothing, childcare, and transportation. Community Connections Team is asking for a minimum of a two semester commitment and 3-4 hours per week from volunteers. The application form will ask you to identify blocks of hours that you will be consistently available to volunteer.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- American Cancer Society
- Big Brothers Big Sisters
- Boy Scouts of America - Chippewa Valley Council
- Boys and Girls Clubs of the Greater Chippewa Valley
- Children's Hospital of Wisconsin (Neenah, Milwaukee)
- Chippewa Valley Free Clinic
- Chippewa Valley Museum
- Chippewa Valley Theatre Guild
- Eau Claire Children's Theatre
- Eau Claire Regional Arts Center
- Epilepsy Foundation of Western Wisconsin
- Family Resource Center for Eau Claire County
- Friends of L.E. Phillips Memorial Public Library
- Girl Scouts of the Northwestern Great Lakes
- Hope Gospel Mission
- Junior Achievement of Wisconsin - Northwest District
- L.E. Phillips Senior Center
- Literacy Volunteers of the Chippewa Valley
- Marshfield Clinic
- Mayo Clinic Health Systems
- Northern Wisconsin AHEC
- Northwest Wisconsin Home Care - Hospice
- Paul Bunyan Logging Camp Museum
- Sacred Heart Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital (Chippewa Falls)
- The Salvation Army
- United Way of the Greater Chippewa Valley
- Western Dairyland Community Action Agency
- Wisconsin Public Radio
More information will be coming soon! Stay tuned!