Here’s your opportunity to get first-hand experience with other cultures, communities and customs. Immersion trips may take you down the block, across the country, or to the other side of the world. Some last only a week or two, and some are semester-long courses. Whichever option you choose, you will gain a new perspective and be forever changed by the people you meet and the things you see and do. Transform yourself, your outlook on the world, and your future!
It's not enough for me anymore to learn about the things that people accomplish in the world through books or on the news. Now I want to be a part of it.
What can students gain from taking part in immersion?
- Cultural competencies employers seek in this global economy
- New perspective on your own culture and how it relates to the world
- Appreciation for different ways of thinking and living
- Appreciation for the similarities diverse cultures share
- Independence found only by pushing beyond our comforts zones