Skip to main content
Return to campus fall 2020 and other COVID-19 updates   READ MORE »

Certification + Licensing


With so many majors and minors to choose from, it can be difficult to decide what field to make your mark in as a future teacher. We’re here to help.

Take a look at our majors and minors page, the catalog or get in touch with an advisor using the Education Studies contact information at the bottom of this page. Whatever subject is central to your teaching aspirations, we will help you obtain certification in that area and put you on a path toward success.


Your academic path through the Teacher Education Program will include earning your formal teaching licensure from the state of Wisconsin. This will be done through a subject-specific education teacher performance assessment (edTPA) during your student teaching experience. The classes you take for your specific major, minor and teaching method courses will prepare you to perform with confidence during your assessment.

Education Videos

Completing the edTPA

The edTPA is a state-required performance assessment completed during your final student teaching experience. Through various forms of resources available at UWEC, you will be supported in preparing and completing the edTPA.

Explore edTPA
We want to hear from you

Please enter your name

Please enter a valid email address

Please enter a valid phone number

Please enter a message