Each year, UW-Eau Claire management and marketing students compete in regional and national competitions to sharpen their skills in presenting, negotiating, demonstrating, and problem solving. These competitions include the following:
- Entrepreneur Program: UW-Eau Claire Swim with the Sharks, Wisconsin Big Idea Tournament, UW-Eau Claire Perfect Pitch
- Human Resource Management: Wisconsin SHRM Student Conference and HR Games Competition
- Marketing: AMA UW-Eau Claire and UW-Whitewater Regional Competitions, AMA International Conferences
- Operations/Supply Chain Management: APICS Head of the Class Competition, APICS Great Lakes District Case Competition
- Professional Sales: Blugold Sales Challenge, UW-Eau Claire Great Northwoods Sales Warm-Up, Florida State Collegiate Sales Competition, University of Toledo Sales Competition, Schlumberger Sales Challenge, National Collegiate Sales Competition; PSE regional and national competitions.
- Strategic Management: UW-Eau Claire Sim Super Bowl.
UW-Eau Claire student competitors were a force to be reckoned with as they competed against -- and beat -- teams from some of the best university at events held in Wisconsin and around the country.
My time at UW-Eau Claire was a great investment as my academic coursework and participation in APICS led to one opportunity after another, including a summer internship at Amcor, countless connections and a job after graduation as a Trainmaster with Canadian Pacific Railroad.