You will be writing and speaking a lot during your time in the College of Business and in your career, so why not become an expert at both? Enhance and strengthen your skills by taking advantage of the Business Writing and Presentations Studio in the College of Business. Tutors can help you organize your ideas, and they will stick with you until you put the finishing touches on your work. Learn more about the Studio in this video:
For Spring 2021, choose ONLINE or IN-PERSON!
For the Spring 2021 semester, we are offering both virtual AND in-person appointments. Our current hours of operation are Tuesdays and Thursdays, 9 a.m.-5 p.m., and Fridays, 8 a.m.-noon.
Review "Tips for getting the most from your visit" (below) to prepare for a tutoring appointment.
To set up an in-person appointment at the Business Writing and Presentations Studio in Schneider Hall 221, simply select the "Schedule an appointment now" tile at the bottom of this page and then come to The Studio at the date and time you've selected in the appointment software.
To set up a virtual appointment...
- Make an appointment by selecting the “Schedule an appointment now” tile at the bottom of the page. When you are in the appointment software:
- Add your phone number if you would like a tutor to call you directly, OR
- Enter your email if you prefer to be sent a link to a video meeting through MS Teams.
- Email your document to the BCOM Studio Tutor group at email@example.com. Be sure to include your name in the file name of the document you send.
- At the scheduled time of your appointment, your tutor will either call you, if that is how you requested to meet, or will email a link to a meeting in MS Teams. Simply click on the link in the body of the email to join the tutor in MS Teams. Be sure to have the document you emailed to the BCOM tutor group in front of you for the meeting. Note: you do not need to have MS Teams downloaded to use this feature.
We're here to help
Walk-ins are welcomed, but to make sure you get in, schedule an appointment. If you think you need more time, schedule back-to-back meetings or a time later in the week. Students are limited to two sessions per week. Group appointments are welcomed for group projects or assignments. The Studio is located in Schneider 221.
Business Writing Studio Appointment Options
- E-mail messages
- Formal letters
- Press releases
- Cover letters
- Reports for business courses
Business Presentation Studio Appointment Options
- Elevator speeches/pitches
- PowerPoint slides
- Small group meetings
- Round-table discussions
- Interview practice
- Individual and group presentations.
Tips for getting the most from your visit
- Tell the tutor what you need help with prior to your meeting.
- Come prepared to work by bringing your assignment, paper and pen, the hard or electronic copy of your work so far, and anything else you may need.