Do you have a knack for numbers and want a job that's in high demand, plus on top of everything you'll be paid well? Then consider majoring in Finance. At UWEC you will learn finance and general business knowledge while developing your communication, technical and critical thinking skills. You'll learn hands on through internships and research. Once you've finished and your degree is in hand, your skills can be applied to a variety of professional fields, making you someone employers will fight over.
As a finance student you will learn to...
- Prepare financial reports, direct investment activities, and implement cash management strategies.
- Evaluate long-term investments and their financing.
- Become proficient in financial reporting software.
- Excel in communicating financial information clearly and concisely to internal and external clients.
- Understand the importance of ethics in the financial profession.
- Work effectively with people in project teams.
- Lead in the management of people.
- Enjoy lifelong learning in the rapidly changing financial field.
Finance graduates have many career choices. Typical positions held by finance graduates include: corporate financial officer, banker, stockbroker, financial analyst, portfolio manager, and personal financial planner.
Comprehensive Finance Major
60 credits/no minor required
The finance program prepares students for success through a curriculum that includes a strong liberal education core, and major-specific coursework that provides in-depth knowledge of finance and business. The program also helps students develop communication, teamwork, and problem solving skills, which are highly valued by organizations seeking to employ finance professionals.
Business Finance Minor
Provides a general understanding of finance.