The LabVIEW Certificate Program provides UW-Eau Claire students and engineers in local and regional industry with an in-depth understanding of the computer interfacing and data acquisition software package called LabVIEW. LabVIEW has become an industry standard in this technical area. LabVIEW provides an extensive environment in which a scientist or engineer can accomplish a variety of instrument control, data collection and data processing tasks.
What will this certificate do for me?
The academic goals of the LabVIEW Certificate Program are:
- Provide students with a working knowledge of electronics and trouble-shooting techniques and experience which they receive from Phys 350 and Phys 360.
- An understanding of the basics of computer interfacing principles which they get from Phys 360 and the three LabVIEW courses.
- In-depth knowledge of the LabVIEW programming environment and programming techniques which they get from the three LabVIEW courses.
- An introduction to Field Programmable Gate Arrays which they get from the last LabVIEW cRIO course.
- An introduction to robotics and autonomous navigation
Phys 350 Electric and Electronic Circuits
Phys 360 Electronics
Phys 361/561 LabVIEW Basics
Phys 362/562 LabVIEW Applications
Phys 363/563 LabVIEW cRIO
Completion of Phys 232 with C or better
Current enrollment in Phys 350
Special Students: 8 credits electrical engineering courses equal to Phys 350 and Phys 360