Geology tells us about where the world has come from and where it might be going. Learn what earth scientist work on and get an overview of Geology. Also, get hands on during in-class activities or possibility through a field experiences depending on the weather.
Earth Science Awareness
- Professor: Bob Hooper
- Description: This program provides activities that enhance participant understanding of, and appreciation for the physical environment and how earth scientists work. It is an informal program responding to demand of teachers and other community members and subject to availability of program providers. In good weather and with smaller groups, field-based activities are possible, in fact desirable. Otherwise, in-class activities can be substituted.
- Ideal time: Good Weather is Ideal
- Evenings available: Yes (some)
- Weekends available: Yes (some)
- Program is mobile: Yes
- Program is on campus: Yes
- Group Size: 25 people max
- Handicap accessible: Yes; Indoor Activities Only
- Fee: None
- Available during: Academic year, Summer/Winterim (limited) - Advanced Notice Necessary
- Phone: 836-2945
- Email: email@example.com
- Preferred contact: By Email with subject line "Request for Earth Science Awareness"
- Special notes: Smaller groups preferred, Advanced Notice Necessary