The following information will help you prepare for your advising meeting. Please review each section below to ensure a successful enrollment experience.
Check Your Email and Schedule an Appointment
Check your UW-Eau Claire email for information about scheduling an appointment with your advisor. You can check your email by clicking the mail icon on the top menu bar on this page. Forgot your password? No problem, you can change it here: myusername.uwec.edu.
If you are having a video call or phone appointment
- Please have access to a computer with Internet access.
- UW-Eau Claire is located in the central time zone.
- Please have all the materials you were sent from your advisor available for the meeting.
If you are having an in-person appointment
- Please contact the Flesch Family Welcome Center two days in advance to request a free visitor parking permit: 715-836-2544.
- The Welcome Center is located at 127 Roosevelt Ave.
- If you are interested in a campus tour, please contact Admissions at 715-836-5415 or visit their website.
Please plan on 60 minutes for the appointment.
Placement Exam Information
You will be notified by your Advisor if you need to take placement tests. Visit the placement testing website to learn more.
Important note: Delaying taking placement exams can limit course options so it is in your best interest to take any required placement exams as soon as possible. However, you are not required to have your placement tests completed prior to your advising appointment.
Watch Videos + Review Helpful Materials
Understanding Helpful Academic Resources:
- How to Access Your Unofficial Transcript (00:40)
- Understanding Your Unofficial Transcript (03:05)
- Understand Your Degree Audit (10:34)
- Using Your Degree Planning Tool (01:15)
Preparing for your Advising and Registration appointment:
- Using the Online Catalog (02:58)
- Reviewing Important Academic Policies (02:51)
- Using CampS to Search for and Select Classes (07:33)
- Using Schedule Builder to Plan your Schedule and Enroll (07:16)
Removing Registration Holds:
Other Things to Consider
 Apply for on-campus housing
If you plan to live on campus this semester, please start by submitting your housing application as soon as possible, found on the housing website.
 Apply for financial aid
If you plan to receive financial aid and have not completed your FAFSA, you will need to apply as soon as possible. Please visit the Financial Aid website for additional information.
 Submit your AP (Advanced Placement) score reports
If you have received credit from an AP exam, this credit does not automatically transfer. You must have the score report sent to UW-Eau Claire (from ETS) or bring your copy of the official score report to the Academic Testing Office, 2100 Vicki Lord Larson Hall. Since this will affect your registration appointment time, you should do this as soon as possible.
 View required textbooks
UW-Eau Claire has a great textbook rental program! After you've registered, you can access your textbook list in CampS. From your Student Center, click "Class Schedule" and then "Textbook Summary" for the full list. The Bookstore is located in 130 Davies Center.
 Parking on campus
There are several parking options available to students. Please visit the Parking website for more information.
 Access the catalog
View the University Catalog to explore course information
 Obtain your Blugold ID card
Visit Blugold Card Services in 110 Davies Center to obtain your Blugold ID Card after you register. Bring a photo ID.
 Need a job?
Whether you're looking for a job on or off campus, Handshake is available for job searching and finding internships.