Center for Writing Excellence Writing Contest
Submissions for the Spring 2017 Writing Contest closed on February 17th. Thanks for your submissions!
Congratulations to our winners!
- 1st place/Grand Prize winner: "100 Years of Dorothy" by Natalie Hegna
- 2nd place (tie): "Centennial" by Brianne Ackley
- 2nd place (tie): "More" by Sara Mihor
The Spring 2017 Writing Contest theme was
Centennial or 100
Winners are selected by a panel of faculty judges.
The Grand prize includes publication in the Spring 2017 edition of NOTA, the UWEC student literary magazine. Additional prizes for second and third-place winners are provided by the campus bookstore.
- The contest is open to all UWEC students, faculty, and staff.
- We accept prose, both fiction pieces and non-fiction essays, and poetry.
- DO NOT PUT YOUR NAME ANYWHERE ON YOUR SUBMISSION, including in the file name. We will get your name from the submission survey.
- Submissions must have a title, be saved as a PDF, and uploaded through our Qualtrics survey.
- Submissions must not exceed 1,500 words.
- All prose submissions must be double spaced, in Times New Roman, and in 12 point font.
- Poetry can be single spaced.
The winners for the 2016 contest were:
- 1st place/Grand Prize winner: "My Name" by Yia Lor
- 2nd place: "Speaking to Garcia Lorca" by Yvette Viets Flaten
- 3rd place: "Who Was Gordy?" by Joe Morin