Winterim. Get one step closer to graduating one semester sooner.
Four-Week Winterim Session: January 2-26, 2018
Why take classes during winterim?
- Catch up on your degree requirements.
- Take a class you couldn't fit into your schedule last semester.
- Get ahead and stay on track.
- Take advantage of small class sizes, more interaction with faculty, close collaboration with your classmates, and fewer distractions.
Here are the details:
- Winterim courses are available to current students, students attending other universities during the year, or interested non-degree seeking students.
- Winterim courses are available online and in-person.
- Financial aid may be availble.
- Registration begins on October 2, 2017, and ends January 4, 2018 (without Dean's approval).
- Earn up to four credits in January (you can take the equivalent of one credit per week).
- Click here for information on how to apply and to search all available courses; you can also search by subject.
Take your winterim classes onlineDon't want to venture out into the cold? Nearly half of the winterim classes are available online. You don't even have to get out of your pajamas.
Tuition + fees
- Tuition and fees are on a "per credit" basis. For additional information, Blugold Central has a complete listing of tuition and fees. Check under Tuition / Fee Schedule: Fall 2017 / Winterim 2018 / Spring 2018 for Undergraduate, Graduate, and Master of Business tuition.
- NOTE: Be sure to check the "special course fees." Online courses, as well as others, may charge additional fees.
- Newly admitted degree-seeking undergraduate students and transfer students are required to make a $100 enrollment deposit. This is refundable up until the day before the first day of classes. No PAC is required for Winterim enrollment, although students are encouraged to meet with an adviser.
- FULL PAYMENT is due on January 2, 2018, to avoid finance charges. Balances remaining after the due date are subject to a $15 administrative service fee, in addition to finances charges.
Winterim financial aid
You must have a current FAFSA on file, be registered at UWEC, and maintain at least halftime enrollment for Spring semester to be eligible to receive winterim financial aid. Go to your Student Center in CampS and find the link to the application under "Financial Aid" on the left side of the screen to apply for winterim financial aid!
Winterim courses offered
- ACCT 201 - Principles of Accounting (3 crs)
- ACCT 202 - Principles of Accounting II (3 crs)
- BIOL 250 - Microbiology (3 crs)
- BSAD 305 - Legal and Regulatory Environment (2 crs)
- CJ 202 - Fundamentals of Speech (3 crs)
- CJ 300 - Research Methods (3 crs)
- CS 319 - Intro to Web Programming (3 crs)
- CSD 150 - Intro to Communication Sciences and Disorders (3 crs)
- DNCE 101 - Dance Appreciation (3 crs)
- ENGL 275 - The Novel (3 crs)
- FIN 321 - Financial Markets and Institutions (3 crs)
- FLG 150 - Foreign Civilization and Culture (3 crs)
- HIST 342/542 - Recent US History (1945-Present) (3 crs)
- GEOG 135 - Intro to Geospatial Analysis (3 crs)
- KINS 117 - Weight Training (1 cr)
- KINS 294 - Anatomical Kinesiology (3 crs)
- LAS 309 - Latin America Through Independence (3 crs)
- LMED 305 - Children's Literature (3 crs)
- PHIL 150 - Logic and Critical Thinking (3 crs)
- PSYC 380 - Intro to Behavior Modification (3 crs)
- SOC 312 - Race and Ethnicity in the US (3 crs)
- SPAN 363 - Survey of Spanish Peninsular Literature (3 crs)
- WMNS 433 - Women and Social Science (3 crs)
- WRIT 118 - Accelerated Blugold Seminar in Critical Reading and Writing (2 crs)