print header

University Writing Requirement for
Transfer Students


  1. Students who have completed 4 or more semester credits of English composition with a substantial research component from an accredited college or university and have received a grade of C or higher have met the UWEC university writing requirement.  The course will have the equivalency of  Writing 116.

  2. Students who transfer in the equivalent of Writing 116 with a grade of C- or lower must retake Writing 116.  The second grade will replace the first in the total G.P.A.

  3. Students who have completed between 2.66 and 3.99 semester credits of composition with a grade of C or better will take Writing 120, Blugold Seminar in Critical Reading and Writing for transfer students.  The transfer course will have the equivalency of Writing elective (907L).

  4. Student who have earned a 4 or above in AP English (Literature or Language) or who have earned a 5 or above in IB English (HL) have met the University Writing requirement.

  5. Students who earn a score of 595 or above on the English Placement test have fulfilled the University Writing requirement.

  6. Students should check the Transfer Wizard to see the current equivalency for their English courses.