print header

Advanced Placement

Sending your scores to UW-Eau Claire:

For students who indicate UW-Eau Claire as a receiving institution when they take the AP examinations in May, we receive the scores in early July.

If you did not have your scores sent to us, contact AP and have the score(s) sent to us. Information on how to do this can be found on their Web site.

                  School Code 1913

Determining what credit you will receive:  a score of three or better on an Advanced Placement examination will give the student credit in one of the following ways:

  1. Course specific credit
  2. Credits associated with Liberal Education(LE) Core outcome(s)
  3. General electives
  • Students receive a grade of “CP.” This is not a “real grade” that counts in the G.P.A., but it meets the prerequisite whenever a “C or higher” is required.

For specific equivalencies, go to the UW HELP Web site:  AP Exams, Course Equivalencies & Credits