Knowledge of Human Culture & the Natural World
- Students develop a depth of knowledge about human culture and the natural world through co-curricular experiences.
- Students connect knowledge and life experiences.
Creative & Critical Thinking
- Students integrate concepts and principles from multiple perspectives in order to address problems and make decisions.
- Students articulate the pros and cons of a complex issue and formulate their own position regarding that issue.
- Students apply previously understood information and concepts to a new situation or setting.
- Students engage in self-examination of assumptions and beliefs.
- Students work collaboratively and seek feedback from others.
- Students write and speak after reflection.
- Students listen actively and ask appropriate questions.
Individual & Social Responsibility
- Students assume responsibility for their decisions and accept consequences, whether positive or negative.
- Students articulate their values and make decisions congruent with them.
- Students appropriately challenge unfair, unjust, or uncivil behavior.
- Students participate in the development and maintenance of their communities.
Respect for Diversity Among People
- Students examine their own cultural identities and how identities affect their power and privilege in society.
- Students recognize and behave appropriately when differences exist.
- Students seek to understand viewpoints of others and appreciate the value of other worldviews.
- Students strive to expand personal and professional development through diverse experiences and interactions with those different from themselves.
- Students identify and incorporate healthy lifestyle choices in the areas of physical, social, environmental, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional wellness.
- Students demonstrate an understanding of balance between education, work and leisure time.
- Students set, articulate, and pursue personal and professional goals, and overcome obstacles that hamper goal achievement.
- Students develop and maintain satisfying and mutually rewarding interpersonal relationships.
- Students maintain feelings of self-worth and manage emotions appropriately.